Groups

In flight meals

Hello. Can anyone help - I have booked long haul flights but did not have the option to select or refuse an in flight meal.

Can you buy these on board? How do the staff know that you haven't paid for one?

Thanks in advance

(apologies if there has been a similar post about this)

18 Comments

meals are booked the seat numbers i think.

Original Poster

landofdan;5980755

meals are booked the seat numbers i think.

Cheers for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Long haul usually include them, which airline?

Original Poster

thomas cook

melipona;5980778

Long haul usually include them, which airline?

Agreed.

You will be force fed one, whether you like it or not. And most do not :w00t:
    Take your own packed lunch just in case.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;5980786

Agreed.

Cool. It's just that the invoice says they are not included but I'm pretty sure that there wasn't an option to say you did or did not want one.:oops:

Actually TC is one of the money grabbing exceptions to inclusive long haul meals. you proberbly missed a tick box when you booked, ]see here

TCX only include in flight meals as standard on Canadian routes and their 'premium' cabin, according to their site. £7.50 per adult per leg and £4.50 per child per leg otherwise.

Banned

t1nker;5980810

Cool. It's just that the invoice says they are not included but I'm … Cool. It's just that the invoice says they are not included but I'm pretty sure that there wasn't an option to say you did or did not want one.:oops:

If invoice says no meals check although most long haul supply.:thumbsup:
    Thomas Cook have reduced meal services and opt for meal deals.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice...:)

i booked a thomas cook holiday to mexico last week of june and was worried about the same thing, i didnt check any box but still got a meal and a snack outbound an inbound

Original Poster

jambo1082;5980968

i booked a thomas cook holiday to mexico last week of june and was … i booked a thomas cook holiday to mexico last week of june and was worried about the same thing, i didnt check any box but still got a meal and a snack outbound an inbound

Interesting...cheers for that..:-D

We flew Thomas Cook to Florida and got 2 meals each way, tea, coffee or orange juice, and an ice cream outbound

we are going on tc long haul flight and 2 meals are included
    last year the meal was surprisingly nice we was shocked you could eat it lol

My family quite like airplane food these days

Says alot for my cooking :giggle:

we went with thomas cook last year and did not book a meal but we got one

I think thy have to supply it on long haul, if they didn't have to they would probably have a tick box, but I believe there is some legislation that they must provide refreshments if the flight is over say, four hours long.........something to do with passenger safety and things like that.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions