Groups

In-laws staying at weekend. Should I clean the house?

My in-laws visit twice a year. For the last 12 years I have scrubbed the house spotless for their visits (Kim and Aggy would be proud).

I have been working loads lately so the house is sooooooooooo dirty.

Should I keep-up-appearances and spend tomorrow (day off) scrubbing or leave it?

14 Comments

Leave it, life's too short to clean

SuperEd

get them to do it while you put ya feet up lol

Clean your house whilst there round, they might help out, or even better take over. Milk it.

Or get the OH to sort it

Split the difference and pay someone else to do it.

no, leave used syringes around the place for added amusement

leave it if they dont like it tell them to go check into a hotel where they get paid to clean lol

Original Poster

ilovepink;4747744

leave it if they dont like it tell them to go check into a hotel where … leave it if they dont like it tell them to go check into a hotel where they get paid to clean lol

thx for all your replies. I especially like this one. lol

Leave it!!! They might be so disgusted they wont come back for a visit lol! (sorry is that just me that feels like that) haha!

Depends really on - if you like them

If you dont , spend tonight making it even worse
    If you do , go for it spring clean and look forward to regular visits for the next 35 years

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7] RUN DONT LOOK BACK JUST RUN![/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Give a quick once over, remember clean enough to be healthy dirty enough to be happy!

I reckon a quick hoover thru', clean sinks and toilets. It will look like you care but should not take too long. Relax and enjoy their visit

I would have to clean the house the kids the dogs the husband OMG I hope mine never come to stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1756
      2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions