Groups

In need of a new phone contract

Hi

I'm in need of a new phone contract. Am currently on Orange and am paying £22 for 100 minutes, unlimites text and 1.5gb data. Wanna get the S5 or Galaxy Alpha but can't seem to find anything decent.

Got through to retentions and they couldn't offer anything better which i was really surprised at!

Any suggestions please?

13 Comments

check out three. Have been with them for years have a few contracts with them for the family and never any problems. also great packages including data.

I agree with last poster. Been with 3 for about 5 years, great deals and packages, particularly SIM Only

wait 4 January sales much better offers then

I'm with Three. 500mins, 2000 texts and all-you-can-eat data for £22pm Been with them for a few years, defo the best imo in terms of deals.

Original Poster

whats the coverage like on Three... i've heard it's shocking! Thats the only thing putting me off it.

Why not pick up a 3 payg sim and try it out in different locations, such as home, work, etc? This will slow you to check coverage before committing to a long term contract.

stick to your guns and ask for a PAC/PUk code and say you're going to buy a new.phone on mobiles.Co.UK.
    get some ammunition by finding deal on there so you can at least haggle. Best i can suggest.
    I got O2 down from £99 upfront and £28 per month for an Xperia Z3 compact to upfront 10 and 22 per month. Not a mega cheap deal but hassle free.

It might be worth saying what you need from your contract.
    How many mins, texts, data?

Would you concider buying the phone you want separately and then getting a "sim only" plan? Just a thought, sometimes works out cheaper anyway

Joanna18

Would you concider buying the phone you want separately and then getting … Would you concider buying the phone you want separately and then getting a "sim only" plan? Just a thought, sometimes works out cheaper anyway

That's what I do!

nacho99

That's what I do!

Me too- that's why I suggested it

Joanna18

Me too- that's why I suggested it

And that's why I repeated and gave positive + :o)

Original Poster

nacho99

And that's why I repeated and gave positive + :o)

I was looking into that. At the moment O2 have the alpha for £359 on payg, so was thinking of getting a sim only deal.

Orange (or EE whatever they go by now) offered me the following:

£199 for the phone at £23 a month tariff where i get 1000 minutes and text and 2gb data
    or £70: £25 a month tariff unlimited minutes and text and 2gb data

Am roughly looking for 2gb data and not really bothered about minutes or text's but only wanna pay about £20 a month
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions