Groups

in the label (the Hut's ebay outlet) selling fakes! **update: paypal refunded me the money , but had zero response from in the label**

bought two Hilfiger tops from there. thought price was waaay good and they are definitely fakes. on my recent travels to Canada i did spend a lot of time in the Hilfiger outelts and i can tell straight away that the priducts i recieved from the Hut's ebay store arent real.

the stitching on the logo wasnt as neat as a genuine product and the back of the label is like that of fakes you see (plus Tommy Hilfigher labels are not as designed in the products recieved).

I did read elsewhere on here that Hut sells fakes...and these obviously were. so maybe HUKD shouldn't be posting deals from them.

hate ebay and i bought them as was posted by a mod as well..so u think woop woop...i can trust this, but am very annoyed. tbh i cba to argue and fret over the £5 shirts i bought so sod it....but i dont think u should post deals of an unreliable merchant. no hate to the mod....as he wasnt to know, but a heads up.

see post 4 for linky to thread i bought from

90 Comments

~I'm not surprised half the stuff on ebay is fake and to be honest stores are stocking it to as well... someone told me that choice in lakeside has started selling fakes to even though id never buy from that store they used to be good a few years back but now they just sell awful clothes.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

Don't want to be a party pooper, but shouldn't this be in misc rather … Don't want to be a party pooper, but shouldn't this be in misc rather than feedback as this concerns problems with a product bought rather than problems with the site?

oi party pooper! haha...yeah ive done a real misc style moan...but in a nutshell i was saying dont have Hut ebay outlet....they suck!

but ok will ask to move to misc. see what others think...if anything?!
    Edited by: "magicbeans" 3rd Sep 2010

Original Poster

War

~I'm not surprised half the stuff on ebay is fake and to be honest stores … ~I'm not surprised half the stuff on ebay is fake and to be honest stores are stocking it to as well... someone told me that choice in lakeside has started selling fakes to even though id never buy from that store they used to be good a few years back but now they just sell awful clothes.

really?

Sell them on here as genuine.

Original Poster

It doesn't bother me either way, just thought you might get more coverage/interest in misc. http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/jumpingphil/thumbsup.gif[/quote]
    fair point....!! but...whats happened to ur avatar?!?
    transit

yeah ..better spam this and sell it! haha..nah u cant compain at a good fake for a fiver...but i dont like fakes...!

magicbeans

It doesn't bother me either way, just thought you might get more … It doesn't bother me either way, just thought you might get more coverage/interest in misc.

fair point....!! but...whats happened to ur avatar?!?
    transit

yeah ..better spam this and sell it! haha..nah u cant compain at a good fake for a fiver...but i dont like fakes...![/quote]

The majority of people on here couldnt care less whats on their backs, second hand underwear, third hand condoms and lidl winter coats........sell sell sell !

if you raise a paypal dispute and can prove they are actually fakes then you'll get a refund and get to "keep"(as far as I know they ask you to dispose of the fake) the product.

I'd be onto paypal in a sec, it's the only way the companies will learn they can't get away with selling fakes.

As for hukd well they are so far up the huts behind with the amount of crap that this place gets spammed with, there's no way hukd would ever consider losing their click through commissions by removing them.

Original Poster

ants97

if you raise a paypal dispute and can prove they are actually fakes then … if you raise a paypal dispute and can prove they are actually fakes then you'll get a refund and get to "keep"(as far as I know they ask you to dispose of the fake) the product.I'd be onto paypal in a sec, it's the only way the companies will learn they can't get away with selling fakes.As for hukd well they are so far up the huts behind with the amount of crap that this place gets spammed with, there's no way hukd would ever consider losing their click through commissions by removing them.

thanks, i will do that!

i think u are right....HUKD keeps posting theHut deals although the comapany is LAME!

Original Poster

JP....im glad its not me wearing the fakes..would annoy me!

and no..u gotta be grumpy!! the avatar is JP!

Original Poster

haha..still see him as the bloke from blackadder!

dont watch House u see!

Original Poster

ants have opened a dispute

thanks for the advice

JP glad i moved it here. thanks

Its not just their ebay outlet, I bought a wii game from them which turned out to be 2nd hand, they were very good about it though and gave me a full refund.

Banned

magicbeans

ants have opened a disputethanks for the adviceJP glad i moved it here. … ants have opened a disputethanks for the adviceJP glad i moved it here. thanks

Was it you who left the negs?

splatsplatsplat

Its not just their ebay outlet, I bought a wii game from them which … Its not just their ebay outlet, I bought a wii game from them which turned out to be 2nd hand, they were very good about it though and gave me a full refund.

I got the Entourage series 1 box set last year and it looked like someone had been playing football with it. I emailed them but didn't hear anything more of it but as it was only a fiver I let it go.

Admin

If the hut are selling fakes then of course we won't allow those on site. We've emailed them this morning to ask them to respond to this thread so hopefully we'll hear back from them soon.

Original Poster

thanks JB.

i didnt realise they had a previous ebay thingy tinks.... oh deary

juliet_bravo

If the hut are selling fakes then of course we won't allow those on … If the hut are selling fakes then of course we won't allow those on site. We've emailed them this morning to ask them to respond to this thread so hopefully we'll hear back from them soon.

Well there not going to admit it are they?

Admin

We'll see strike

A response to the claim that the hut outlet are selling fakes:

We have recently sold items well below cost to celebrate the site launch and drive customers to the new store. We believe on this occassion that the price we sold these at appears to have resulted in being seen as one of those too good to be true deals.

We follow a thorough authentication process, which is detailed below, carried out by employing an authentication expert that has 15 years experience and who is also employed by several UK governing bodies.

Before any stock is acquired, we require a sample to be provided which is sent to an industry expert for authentication. If we receive negative feedback, stock will be rejected.

On delivery of a consignment into our warehouse, a random sample is selected and again authenticated. If any negative feedback is received, stock will be rejected.

As a consequence of this process, no substantiated claims that we have sold non-authentic products have been received to date. The Hut Group is proud of this record and would not knowingly do anything to undermine this.

Please continue to use our service and ask any questions the hut outlet team who will be happy to help

juliet_bravo

We'll see strike

they didn't.

Banned

thehutoutlet

A response to the claim that the hut outlet are selling fakes: We have … A response to the claim that the hut outlet are selling fakes: We have recently sold items well below cost to celebrate the site launch and drive customers to the new store. We believe on this occassion that the price we sold these at appears to have resulted in being seen as one of those too good to be true deals. We follow a thorough authentication process, which is detailed below, carried out by employing an authentication expert that has 15 years experience and who is also employed by several UK governing bodies.Before any stock is acquired, we require a sample to be provided which is sent to an industry expert for authentication. If we receive negative feedback, stock will be rejected.On delivery of a consignment into our warehouse, a random sample is selected and again authenticated. If any negative feedback is received, stock will be rejected.As a consequence of this process, no substantiated claims that we have sold non-authentic products have been received to date. The Hut Group is proud of this record and would not knowingly do anything to undermine this.Please continue to use our service and ask any questions the hut outlet team who will be happy to help

nice to see you explained the stitching and labels issues the op mentioned

oh wait........

why did you open a new ebay account when you already had one?

Original Poster

let me show u the difference hut people. i have bought stuff from Tommy hilfiger so can show ur stuff versus real stuff.

Off to tk photos

Banned

in b4 thehut or mods dont comment again

Original Poster

ok taken photos...now gotta upload bla bla...so give me a bit..got some other stuff to do. also give hut time to reply. bwaha

Banned

colinsunderland

in b4 thehut or mods dont comment again

magicbeans

ok taken photos...now gotta upload bla bla...so give me a bit..got some … ok taken photos...now gotta upload bla bla...so give me a bit..got some other stuff to do. also give hut time to reply. bwaha

Wecan all put links to old feedback to put people off. With feedback like that they shouldn't be allowed on here though. Whats the bettng this thread isn't commented on again?

God luck with that - their reply earlier didn't address anything you said

Original Poster

thanks Colin..i know they couldnt give a crap..HUKD need to stop...i'm hoping they do.....!

Original Poster

ok...so i went to canada in june-july of this year and spent a small fortune in the tommy hilfiger outlets there...also went to the outlets in America.....

bought my boys a few things which still have the actual sales labels on and will also show comparisons of my husbands tops (which he wears so sales tag things are off them, but can compare the stitched label) just clearing the confusion.

ok so lets start with the sales tag thingy....

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010269.jpg

a genuine label with product details

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010259.jpg
    the hut's product details (market stall anyone)
    Edited by: "magicbeans" 3rd Sep 2010

Original Poster

now the actual logos

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010266.jpg
    real
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010263.jpg
    real

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010261.jpg
    the hut! (the other top is worse btw!)

Original Poster

now the label at the back of the neck:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010267.jpg
    my son's real one

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010264.jpg
    my husband's genuine one

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010258.jpg
    o lawd it's the hut!

You do know that if The Hut get in trouble for this then there will be a hundred starving Chinese children because of you!!!

Original Poster

now the labels on the side....TH do this metal thingy in the label as shown (my husbands is cut out) but below are both my son's and husbands inside label thingies

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010273.jpg

vs. the hut

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010274.jpg

huh!

Original Poster

give them their dues...they do match here though:

real:
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010268.jpg

hut:
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/faiza333/august2010260.jpg

Original Poster

oh wait no they dont match in the last as the end isnt perforated!! doh hut!!

Original Poster

Syzable

You do know that if The Hut get in trouble for this then there will be a … You do know that if The Hut get in trouble for this then there will be a hundred starving Chinese children because of you!!!

haha! where u been...missed ur LOL comments!

magicbeans

haha! where u been...missed ur LOL comments!

Working for the Wal-Mart group in China talent spotting

Original Poster

Syzable

Working for the Wal-Mart group in China talent spotting

haha...what u picked out?!

I am actually wearing a Hilfiger polo right now which was purchased at their retail store and I can see the similarities to what you bought from their outlet.

But you should really be comparing the items you bought from the hut to pictures you find elsewhere of the same items. Items made for different lines and made from different years are produced differently.

Also, its prob better to target the pictures on the logo and quality of the item instead of mostly photographing the tags but I do agree it looks poor in that one picture of the logo.

Original Poster

Slash

I am actually wearing a Hilfiger polo right now which was purchased at … I am actually wearing a Hilfiger polo right now which was purchased at their retail store and I can see the similarities to what you bought from their outlet.But you should really be comparing the items you bought from the hut to pictures you find elsewhere of the same items. Items made for different lines and made from different years are produced differently.Also, its prob better to target the pictures on the logo and quality of the item instead of mostly photographing the tags but I do agree it looks poor in that one picture of the logo.

yeah i guess labels can be the same...... fair enough i let off the inside label...but the stitiching is so POOR u can tell its not legit. i'm more trying to highlight the diference in genuine and fake goods, but i get what you are saying. however, i dont think i need to post any more pics ...its very obvious right!?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

LOL now we know why the old feedback was riddled, with claims of fakes, … LOL now we know why the old feedback was riddled, with claims of fakes, poor quality, inferior stitching and sizing, they are poor, really noticable too if it comes out on pics.I'd be gobsmacked at any designer letting out clothes like that with their logo so badly done not to mention the crap stitching, repeatedly.

haha...i'd like to see what happens now!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      3. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44
      4. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost517

See more discussions