In the market for a new phone

16 replies
Found 4th Feb 2009
Although I love my iPhone, it is not reliable (own fault, jailbroke it etc), and now it won't ring unless the screen is 'awake', which obviously isn't viable, and otherwise it goes straight to voicemail until I check it manually... pain in the a**..... sooo, I want to get a cheap replacement.. I will most likely still use the iPhone as an iPod, so the new phone does not necessarily have to be able to play music.

Requirements-
- It needs to have a camera (not bothered if it's not a great one, as long as it can take pics)
- Must be able to use it abroad in the USA.
- No more than £100 max, ideally less.
- Touchscreen if possible (but for under £100 might not be possible I guess)
- Be unlocked to any network, or be on Orange.
Any recommendations folks?

16 Comments

Would you consider swapping ur faulty iphone for a n95 (unlocked)?
I am a reliable trader here, I'm paypal verified with 100% positive feedback upon ebay.
Yours,
k750man.

you tried restoring the iphone?

Original Poster

k750man;4279496

Would you consider swapping ur faulty iphone for a n95 (unlocked)?I am a … Would you consider swapping ur faulty iphone for a n95 (unlocked)?I am a reliable trader here, I'm paypal verified with 100% positive feedback upon ebay.Yours,k750man.

Yeah I might do... tell me more about your fiendish plan

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4279527

you tried restoring the iphone?

Yup, done it a tonne of times and just cant get it working...
I get so many missed calls now that I just cant keep using it, as I use it for work so I kinda need to hear it ring :?

Babbabooey;4279538

Yeah I might do... tell me more about your fiendish plan

Ha ha haaaaa (fiendish laugh !!!)

I have a n95 (silver - not 8gb), I would include a 4gb memory card.

It's unlocked to ALL networks and it's in good condition (not pristine but still good)

What type of i-phone is youe phone. Is it 3G?

Ha ha haaaaa !!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

the iPhone is the older 2G one, 8GB. I put that fancy protector on it (the one that allegedly is used on the space shuttle, i forget the name now) so behind that the condition should be pretty good.

Unsure here mate - I'm using three simcard just now and have 4 months left with them thus if 2g then I may change my mind. Thanks for considering this offer though !!!

Very tempted though as my wife with o2?
(Swither, swither, swither !!!!)
Would you consider a swap then?

Original Poster

out of 10, whats the condition of the 95?
Not sure if I want to swap it for something that's all scratched and half knackered

I'd say 7/10. Screen NOT scratched at all & protective cover on screen from new. Case upon front 5 scratches (I can count them - lol) ALL functions of the phone work fine & I'm using it just now 2 post this & use it upon WLAN at home. 7/10 is being conservative so that u do not get messed about or disappointed. I'm happy with it :-) I can post pictures l8r on if u want?
What do u think?
Yours,
k750man.

Babbabooey;4280066

out of 10, whats the condition of the 95? Not sure if I want to swap it … out of 10, whats the condition of the 95? Not sure if I want to swap it for something that's all scratched and half knackered

It's not all scratched and half knackered

Original Poster

ok, sounds like a plan...

I'm assuming you're confident of being able to reflash the iphone to get it fully operational again eh?
I don't want to put you off the swap, but I have tried that already, but you might have better luck.

I'll try it - lol.

I just want to give the iphone a try, play with it for a while (if I can get it working - lol )

We'll move to PM just now.
Thanks,
k750man.

Babbabooey;4280839

ok, sounds like a plan... I'm assuming you're confident of being able to … ok, sounds like a plan... I'm assuming you're confident of being able to reflash the iphone to get it fully operational again eh? I don't want to put you off the swap, but I have tried that already, but you might have better luck.

PM sent !

I have withdrawn from this deal - apologies to the op :-( upon reflection I really need a 3g handset & getting a 2g handset that I could not use would be silly for me. I went as far as confirming id's upon ebay with this member & can honestly say that from my experience they were great to deal with.
Good luck to the OP with getting a good phone or selling or trading their Iphone.
Sorry once again but this deal was not for me :-(
sorry!

Original Poster

Not a problem, but I wasn't actually trying to sell the iphone anyway!! Read the OP again

I'm after a replacement phone to buy and this thread was supposed to be for people to give me their recommendations :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Windows 7 reactivation57
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    3. Wireless earphones46
    4. I5 7600k vs i5 740045

See more discussions