Groups

In your opinion what is better in the latest processors Intel or AMD

Apart from my first PC (many moons ago) I've always been an Intel man so I would very much appreciate your opinion, advice and tips if you have a knowledge and experience of both please.
    I've been edging towards an i7 desktop if that helps.

8 Comments

Intel by a country mile i 2500k sandy bridge be the one i would go for

Banned

Intel sandy bridge = awesome but if your on a small budget i would go amd
    Edited by moderator: "Apr 11, 2011 19:12" 11th Apr 2011

I used to prefer AMD chips until core2duo came out and since then Intel have gone back to CPU choice for best power~money ratio

i2500k best bang for buck, get a P67 motherboard and you can easily overclock to 4.5ghz on a after market stock cooler.

Intel Pure performance at higher price and AMD for value for money

Well take a look here: cpubenchmark.net/com…tml

You will notice that Intel dominate with regards to power but when comparing like for like with AMD you will realise that you get faster processing at a lower price when purchasing AMD.

MadeDixonsCry

Well take a look here:http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.htmlYou … Well take a look here:http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.htmlYou will notice that Intel dominate with regards to power but when comparing like for like with AMD you will realise that you get faster processing at a lower price when purchasing AMD.

Good point when looking at 4th place performace v's £, been an age since I bought an AMD CPU all my computers I built from 2001 till 2006 had been AMD powered 2006 saw me first use an Intel CPU Conroe e6600 B2 rev 6 as i was sick of replacing socket on AMD platform when the new CPU I had bought was no better than previous one The C2D difference was amazing( I did by an x2 6000 about the same time)

Do the the black editions still not come with a fan ? or did AMD they change their mind and include them?

Black edition 550s come with a fan.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions