Inception Faulty DVD ~ FREE replacement

Found 31st Jan 2011
For anyone that purchased inception on blu-ray as either the triple play or briefcase version it's worth checking your DVD disc as the initial batch that Warner Brothers released was a very bad transfer.

Warner Brothers have admitted thei is a quality issue with the DVD and have agreed fo replace the faulty DVD with a new one and you don't even have to send your one away.

So far Warner have only said they will replace the DVD that came with the triple play or briefcase version and no mention of replacing the standard DVD release so far.

If you want your disc replaced just email your name and address along with which version you purchased and warner brothers will send you a replacement in the post

[email protected]technicolor.com

30 Comments

Many thanks for this.

Sloth/Mod

Nice freebie.

Syzable

Nice freebie.

lol, I was thinking the same, I haven't even got a blu-ray player, seems strange just to send one without any proof of having the original.

is this for real?

or a dream?

richp

lol, I was thinking the same, I haven't even got a blu-ray player, seems … lol, I was thinking the same, I haven't even got a blu-ray player, seems strange just to send one without any proof of having the original.

They're not going to send you a Blu Ray disc.

gonna get 10 for ebay

Original Poster

Yes it's for real

** it's only the DVD from the set that is faulty so you will only receive a replacement DVD and not blu ray **

You will just get the DVD in an envelope and currently Warner Brothers aren't asking for the affected discs back unless they start getting loads of requests for discs.

Not sure how long this has been going for but my mate told me on Friday as I mentioned I purchased the triple play version. The replacement disc that they send you, when you look at the underside of the disc round the rim were the code is the last part should either say V3 or version3 which indicates this is the re-pressed disc
Edited by: "NFS" 31st Jan 2011

Universal done the same thing with the back to the future discs years back,:D

Banned

Weirdly, I borrowed by brother's triple pack and the Blu-Ray wouldn't play in my lappy, but the DVD was fine.

dunfyboy

Weirdly, I borrowed by brother's triple pack and the Blu-Ray wouldn't … Weirdly, I borrowed by brother's triple pack and the Blu-Ray wouldn't play in my lappy, but the DVD was fine.

Does your laptop have a bluray player?

Thanks for the reminder as I'd been meaning to check, sure enough I've a faulty DVD which isn't hard to spot. Mailed WB and will see what they say.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7

Thanks for the reminder as I'd been meaning to check, sure enough I've a … Thanks for the reminder as I'd been meaning to check, sure enough I've a faulty DVD which isn't hard to spot. Mailed WB and will see what they say.John

I emailed them on Saturday and got a reply today saying my replacement disc will be with me shortly so a quick service.

Will probably not use the DVD but asked for a replacement as the disc should have been correct in the first place and will come in handy if I borrow it to anyone

You never know when a DVD is going to be handy particularly as I don't know many people with blu-ray players. I was caught out when going round to a friend's house as I'd taken a blu-ray player to watch the film but forgotten the remote so the DVD the film came with was handy after all.

John

Banned

deathtrap3000

Does your laptop have a bluray player?

Yes, but I guess there's some sort of copy protection on the disc. I remember when Peep show came out on DVD it had something on it to stop it working on computers. Almost as if they want you to download stuff illegally, eh? X)

JUst checked my dvd out of my triple play set and the quality is awful, emailed them and got an instant reply asking for the barcode of the dvd, what region and where i purchased it

I hope the standard DVD version isn't affected, I bought it for my Dad at Christmas (not sure if he's had time to watch it yet).

Original Poster

MBeeching

I hope the standard DVD version isn't affected, I bought it for my Dad at … I hope the standard DVD version isn't affected, I bought it for my Dad at Christmas (not sure if he's had time to watch it yet).

So far warner brothers have only admitted their is quality issues with the DVD that came with the triple play and briefcase version at the moment so hopefully yours is not affected.

Gonna bin my duff copy once I receive my replacement disc from WB

Original Poster

souljacker

JUst checked my dvd out of my triple play set and the quality is awful, … JUst checked my dvd out of my triple play set and the quality is awful, emailed them and got an instant reply asking for the barcode of the dvd, what region and where i purchased it

Didn't ask anything like that from me just sent my address in an email, luckily still got my receipt if they ask for any details but think mine should be in the post by now

hmmm, interesting
I've just got the standard DVD version, but not watched it yet. Might take a quick look tonight to be sure the quality is ok.

Thanks

NFS

Will probably not use the DVD but asked for a replacement as the disc … Will probably not use the DVD but asked for a replacement as the disc should have been correct in the first place and will come in handy if I borrow it to anyone

Please use proper English.

thesaint

Please use proper English.

So, how's the promotion to Forum Helper coming along?

Original Poster

Didn't realise the English police were in lol

Original Poster

Just received my replacement disc in the post
Quick service from WB as only emailed them on Saturday

Spot on, just got confirmation email that my disc is on its way. Thanks to WB and NFS for the info

currently borrowing my brothers triple edition...might bag myelf a DVD version also lulz!

Original Poster

Just tried the replacement disc and picture quality is spot on compared to the original disc that has quality issues.

The picture in the original disc that was with the pack is quite grainy and looks rough, hopefully everyone notices how bad it is and they get their discs replaced as when you google the problems with the disc only a few hits come back but good of WB as they have information on their homepage also

I've received my replacement disc already so full credit for WB for making this quick and painless to get sorted and thank for the thread highlighting the issue for those of us who forgot to check the first time.

John

received my replacement dvd today, very quick service! oO

souljacker

received my replacement dvd today, very quick service! oO

Same here got mine this morning, yet to test it but speedy service so thumbs up so far
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions