Groups

incorrect product in box (B&Q)

ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes away and bought a drill... now it should have been the 18V one but inside the box is the 12V!! so someone has clearly swapped products and paid the cheaper price.

the charger doesnt fit and overall im quite annoyed.

now i have to go back tomorrow wasting my time to get a refund, where do i stand? what if they dont believe me? could i get some re-imbursment as traveling there isnt free.

any help?

21 Comments

Phone them let them know the situation and say you expect to be reimbersed for travel as its clearly not your fault

i would ring them now, if they are stil open, if not ring first thing, explain what has happened and negotiate a compensation fee to cover your costs of the return journey, it is there fault after all, be polite but remain firm, you should be ok, and i would have thought it was down to them to proove it was an 18 in the box when you bought it, if the box is not security sealed or checked on sale then i would say they have no choice but to believe you.

Why don't you call them in the morning and explain the situation..express your anger but remember it isn't their fault.
    I'm sure they will do their best to help sort it all out.

i doubt you will get travel expenses but you should get your item changed

ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes away and bought a … ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes away and bought a drill

So where did you buy the drill from? :lol:

Ignore this btw, just having a funny 5 minutes :w00t:

ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes away

was that walking?

they probably would taKE A COUPLE OF QUID OFF IT FOR YOUR PETROL/BUS FARES but dont expect much more as stated in other posts not their fault

sicknotexxx;7412767

i doubt you will get travel expenses but you should get your item changed

if dealt with correctly it is concievable that you will be reimbursed for travel expenses, I got £5 from Argos and it's only 5 mins away.

I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a tin of clear varnish becaused it was filled with spaggetti hoops. call them first thing in the morning, unless you look like a druggie or thief you shouldnt have any problems with the exchange, they will prob offer you a voucher for your travel expences if you get to speak to the right manager.

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;7412842

ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes awaywas that … ive just come back from B&Q which is about 40 minutes awaywas that walking?they probably would taKE A COUPLE OF QUID OFF IT FOR YOUR PETROL/BUS FARES but dont expect much more as stated in other posts not their fault

cycling, thats the thing i cant get a lift till Wednesday and its a massive inconvenience

problem is, i only noticed at home only one wire wrap was on the box and not both (to prevent items being opened)..

ill give them a call thanks for the help guys

The thing is, the other person will also have a drill they can't charge. How funny is that :lol:

Original Poster

rockerfella20;7412875

I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a … I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a tin of clear varnish becaused it was filled with spaggetti hoops. call them first thing in the morning, unless you look like a druggie or thief you shouldnt have any problems with the exchange, they will prob offer you a voucher for your travel expences if you get to speak to the right manager.

very helpful thank you. im not a massive builder or anything im 20 so hope they dont think it is me..

i just want a refund now, found it £11 cheaper at argos so hopefully they will still be happy to refund me!

Shengis;7412780

So where did you buy the drill from? :lol:Ignore this btw, just having a … So where did you buy the drill from? :lol:Ignore this btw, just having a funny 5 minutes :w00t:

i lol'd dont worry mate haha

Shengis;7412911

The thing is, the other person will also have a drill they can't charge. … The thing is, the other person will also have a drill they can't charge. How funny is that :lol:

they must of saved about £20 or so quid so easily could buy a £3 charger!

I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a … I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a tin of clear varnish becaused it was filled with spaggetti hoops

Everytime I read that it just gets funnier!

worto03;7412933

Everytime I read that it just gets funnier!

+1 :lol:

rockerfella20;7412875

I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a … I used to work for them when i was at collage, someone once took back a tin of clear varnish becaused it was filled with spaggetti hoops. call them first thing in the morning, unless you look like a druggie or thief you shouldnt have any problems with the exchange, they will prob offer you a voucher for your travel expences if you get to speak to the right manager.

Wait, what? :w00t:

jackvdbuk;7412926

they must of saved about £20 or so quid so easily could buy a £3 charger!

Would have thought the charger would cost a bit more than that tbh.

jackvdbuk;7412926

very helpful thank you. im not a massive builder or anything im 20 so … very helpful thank you. im not a massive builder or anything im 20 so hope they dont think it is me..i just want a refund now, found it £11 cheaper at argos so hopefully they will still be happy to refund me!!

b&q price match

still giggling about the spaghetti hoops.... :w00t:

jackvdbuk;7412926

very helpful thank you. im not a massive builder or anything im 20 so … very helpful thank you. im not a massive builder or anything im 20 so hope they dont think it is me..i just want a refund now, found it £11 cheaper at argos so hopefully they will still be happy to refund me!

print out the argos page to take with you so they can match argos and beat them by 10%.
    also make sure you go when you got a bit of time on your hands as most power tool aisles will have cctv and they will want to look through to see if they can see when the swap was made before deciding what to do. if you are lucky they will just exchange and give you difference for price promise and then investigate what had happened. doubt you will get petrol money as its your choice where you shop and it isnt their fault that someone else swapped products in box.

arcangel111;7413370

still giggling about the spaghetti hoops.... :w00t:

someone also brought back a pack of laminate flooring which was taped up, when the checkout operator asked me to put it back on the shelf i thought it felt light so i opened it up and there was a full plank on the top with all of the offcuts and part leangths underneith it. customer was long gone by the time i got back to the checkout.

To be honest, I would go in and sort out the main situation first.

If you get someone who is on one they may not believe you, especially if you go, there is the wrong item in the box, and also I want a price match - 10% of the difference. While you are at it, why dont you kiss my shoes lol. . .

how did you get on with this?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.58
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941349
      3. word association Game73944510
      4. What would be HELL to you?2631

See more discussions