Increase bank transfer limit?

Found 14th Jan
Currently with Lloyd’s and the max transfer limit is £500 a day. I was wondering whether there’s a way to increase this.

Using a debit card currently.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Faster Payments out of Lloyds accounts allows at least £20k a day, IME.
What exactly do you mean by transfer limit? How are you doing these transfers? There are plenty of ways of transferring more than £500 a day
psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

What exactly do you mean by transfer limit? How are you doing these …What exactly do you mean by transfer limit? How are you doing these transfers? There are plenty of ways of transferring more than £500 a day

Through online banking
deals8384 m ago

Through online banking

You can send way more than that through bacs or faster payments. That would be going direct from your account though, not via your debit card. How exactly are you doing this? Have you tried calling them and getting them to talk you through it?
I’ve just been transferring £500 through online banking from my debit card
deals83845 m ago

I'm not familiar with the Lloyds online site but I am very familiar with banking. Who or what are you trying to pay? What you should be able to do is send a bank transfer / bill payment from your account to another if you have their sort code and account number. That would really only be limited by the amount of money you have in your account. If you are using your debit card, and again I stress I'm not sure how you are doing this, you may find you will be limited to your daily cash withdrawal limit.
deals83854 m ago

I think you mean you are paying someone using your debit card? It is probably the daily payment limit on your card. Speak to your bank, but that sounds very low. My visa debit card gives me £50k daily limit payment, whereas my husband is limitless, subject to available funds in his current account, as long as he calls the bank first to let them know he will be making a payment
mutley11 m ago

I think you mean you are paying someone using your debit card? It is …I think you mean you are paying someone using your debit card? It is probably the daily payment limit on your card. Speak to your bank, but that sounds very low. My visa debit card gives me £50k daily limit payment, whereas my husband is limitless, subject to available funds in his current account, as long as he calls the bank first to let them know he will be making a payment

Yes I’m paying someone using my debit card and limit is £500.

I’ve read online you can take cash with you to the bank and the persons bank details and you can pay whatever you want.

Has anyone ever heard of this
deals8386 m ago

Yes I’m paying someone using my debit card and limit is £500. I’ve read onl …Yes I’m paying someone using my debit card and limit is £500. I’ve read online you can take cash with you to the bank and the persons bank details and you can pay whatever you want. Has anyone ever heard of this

If you speak to your bank, they should be able to increase the limit for you. Else pay that person through bacs. The bank will have a limit on bacs as well, but may be higher than the £500 that you have on your debit card. mine is £25k per day for bacs.

you can pay cash into another person’s account if you go to their bank. I dont know about a maximum limit, it will vary from bank to bank if there is one. Our tenants sometimes put cash into our bank accounts as rent payment. Under £1k though
deals8387 h, 48 m ago

Yes I’m paying someone using my debit card and limit is £500. I’ve read onl …Yes I’m paying someone using my debit card and limit is £500. I’ve read online you can take cash with you to the bank and the persons bank details and you can pay whatever you want. Has anyone ever heard of this

Just get their Sortcode and account number and pay them online via a bank transfer. Limit is at least £20k per day.

I suspect you aren't paying them via Lloyd's online banking service but using PayPal instead
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Jan
chocci49 m ago

Just get their Sortcode and account number and pay them online via a bank …Just get their Sortcode and account number and pay them online via a bank transfer. Limit is at least £20k per day.I suspect you aren't paying them via Lloyd's online banking service but using PayPal instead

I’m using lloyds online banking to pay
deals83837 m ago

I have 7 different online banking services and never seen a way of paying via debit card (or any reason why anyone would want to do that)

You have the answer now of the correct way to transfer money.
deals8381 h, 17 m ago

You need to login to your Lloyds Bank account and choose make a payment

33065038-4rtyp.jpg
You then need to choose Set up s new recipient.

33065038-L9G0S.jpg

And enter there bank details.

33065038-VDeY6.jpg

You then need to verify via text or phonecall the info as above.

Make sure you get their bank details correct.
OllieSt3 m ago

You need to login to your Lloyds Bank account and choose make a …You need to login to your Lloyds Bank account and choose make a payment[Image] You then need to choose Set up s new recipient.[Image] And enter there bank details.[Image] You then need to verify via text or phonecall the info as above. Make sure you get their bank details correct.

Yes I’ve got them as a recipient but the max I could transfer a day is £500, went to the bank and they have transferred the money in one go

Thanks for your help guys
I hope it’s not for your Nigerian inheritance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants