Increasing Xbox One S Storage

Found 30th Jan
So as I've always had Playstations, I tend to add bigger internal drive to them when I buy them, however you can't seem to upgrade the internal Xbox One S drive.

What's the best external to get for the Xbox to run games off it? SSD is out of the question due to price, so I'm ideally looking for a 1TB or 2TB external.

Will any drive be ok? I was thinking a standard Western Digital one from their refurb site.

Should I bet getting a USB 3.0 one?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskGamingElectronics
9 Comments
deleted800342
I use a couple of WD 2tb refurbs, had no problems at all.
I think they just have to be usb 3.0 over 256gb, I'd recommend going for 2tb over 1tb as they fill up quickly and you're probably only looking at 10-20 quid extra for double the storage
Seagate4TB
Seagate 2TB
Recommend going with a portable unit as plugs into Xbox via usb rather than a lead to wall socket.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Jan
As dex said. You would probably be better going bigger than a 2tb tbh. I've only had my Xbox for a year, bought a 2tb Toshiba thinking that would be enough and ended up buying another 3tb as I've filled the 2tb
Toptrumpet4 m ago

Seagate 4TBSeagate 2TBRecommend going with a portable unit as plugs into …Seagate 4TBSeagate 2TBRecommend going with a portable unit as plugs into Xbox via usb rather than a lead to wall socket.

4tb link takes you to trip advisor????
Link amended, too many browsers opened at once
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Jan
4TB one now oos.
The currys one seems a very keen price (£10 cheaper than competitors). I can’t find any discount codes online though. If you really think you need 4TB rather than 2TB, beforeyou jump in, how about asking if anyone on here might have a 10% off code that you could use.
I am surprised you can't upgrade the internal drive though like you can do with the PS4?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants