Indoor security camera

Posted 8th Feb
I'm looking to buy an indoor security camera. I need one that doesn't need Alexa or the like and will record to an SD card and can be viewed on an app. Amazon have loads of them of course, but I'm finding them a bit confusing, especially the negative reviews.
My "ask" here is basically to find out what others use and pointers to what to avoid. I don't want to spend any more than about £50.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I’ve a TP Link Kasa and it’s great. Doesn’t have the SD card slot though, but their other range (Tapo) does...

TP-Link Smart Security Camera, Indoor CCTV, Works with Alexa&Google Home, No Hub Required, 1080p, 2-Way Audio, Night Vision, SD Storage, Free Tapo App(Tapo C100) amazon.co.uk/dp/B083GGLKSJ/
Edited by: "Diggsy" 8th Feb
Not going to ask why none of my business.

39865628-1IZUS.jpg
£14 FBA has all the usual features inc app control, motion detection with alerts, SDcard recording (optional cloud), nightvision, pan + tilt, two-way audio, claims 1080p resolution, etc amazon.co.uk/Sur…XW/
or if you're feeling lucky you could spend a little over £9 FBA for a similarly-spec'd item but with baby-crying recognition plus remarkable 7200P resolution, packaged in a device that has more than a passing resemblance to a chess board. Bangin'. amazon.co.uk/biz…N4/
The floueron ptz CCTV cameras are decent on eBay. They are around £25. And have a good and fast app. Try to get one that has a good app as a lot have very slow running apps.
I bought a neos without knowing a thing about what I was buying.
They come with a usb lead and a power supply, uk plug type, barely bigger than a plug themselves
Some pluses and minuses
It can be set to record on sound and motion and takes a micro sd card.
It records 30 second clips 15 before and 15 after detected event, and this will always do this, no paid subscription needed
You are also able to turn off the infrared, handy for looking out windows.(but you'd have to pay for zoning, i.e. a bush blowing in the wind etc)
Longer clips and longer cloud storage times are available for a monthly fee
It only works through a smartphone app, and you don't have to go through any fancy router port forwarding settings to view from anywhere in the world with internet
(you could view on a pc via an emulator program if you really want to)
Oh, and you can get 2 for £50
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants