Indoor TV aerial

Found 28th Jun
Hello. Can you please recommend an indoor TV aerial to me please? I was thinking something like this?

argos.co.uk/pro…991

Thank you for your help.

Simon.
Community Updates
AskTV
14 Comments
Regret to say I've tried many models on many parts of the UK and never had a good result from any of them. Set your expectations low and keep the wrapping tidy to ensure you can return it.
Depends how far you live from the transmitter, that's only got a 15 mile range. Indoor aerials are sketchy at best. Too many things interfere with the signal and an amplifier can make it worse.
I have not tried this but there are good reviews on Amazon for these:

amazon.co.uk/1by…F14
My partner has two of these aerials and they work well, 18 miles from the transmitter but with plenty of open land to the side of the property in the direction of the transmtter, so that helped alot .
I put one of these in my loft a couple of years back, works a treat.
123thisisme1 h, 4 m ago

I put one of these in my loft a couple of years back, works a treat.

Second this... I put one, looks exactly the same but different branding, outside and its perfect. It's also amplified and so anal and neat that no one bats an eyelid at it even though we are not supposed to attache aerials to an outside wall. It's only 7ft of the ground too, and we live in a built up area.
I'd probably go for something like an SLX 27769RG, those sorts of designs seem to be slightly more consistent in where they'll work than the panel aerials (the flat ones).

No small aerial has sensitivity that matches a larger one so indoor aerials won't work at all for some locations.
mrty48 m ago

Second this... I put one, looks exactly the same but different branding, …Second this... I put one, looks exactly the same but different branding, outside and its perfect. It's also amplified and so anal and neat that no one bats an eyelid at it even though we are not supposed to attache aerials to an outside wall. It's only 7ft of the ground too, and we live in a built up area.

I was looking at this myself but was put off having to attach it to the outside of the house. Was it easy to do? And did you need a specific drill and tools to do it?
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 28th Jun
STRICKIBHOY36 m ago

I was looking at this myself but was put off having to attach it to the … I was looking at this myself but was put off having to attach it to the outside of the house. Was it easy to do? And did you need a specific drill and tools to do it?

Very easy to do. I assembled it first and tried it indoors. The image was perfect with the aerial indoors, so if you don't want to put it outside you could use it indoors. Fixing is easy. A few screws, and it's very light so no problem there. You can buy the one I got on flea Bay for a lot less, or buy from Screwfix. If you buy from Screwfix you can try it and if it doesn't work to your satisfaction return it (keep it in good condition of course).
When i was a kid a coathanger in the back of the tv worked life felt so simpler then.
larrylightweight2 h, 16 m ago

When i was a kid a coathanger in the back of the tv worked life felt so …When i was a kid a coathanger in the back of the tv worked life felt so simpler then.

Can still make one with bent bits of wire, it's just got a bit more complicated now :- instructables.com/id/…s-/
wolfbane.net/cgi…exe This may give you a prediction
Mine is 64dBuV/M suggested Log Periodic, and a cheap flat panel antenna works (helps that it has a line of fire through a window), barely needs aiming at all, was 50p from charity shop, about £4-5 on ebay.

The flat panel (operating as a loop type) is broadside on, has NO rejection of rear reflections (but while they often caused bothersome ghosting on analog, they are usually low enough to be no problem to digital). Equally, the forward acceptance is quite broad, and that can cause problems if there is bad multipath (reflections from large structures to the side of the direct path)
Could get a HDHomerun, connect one end to the ariel and then the other end to your modem allows you to watch TV via DLNA instead keep an eye on ebay might get a deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants