Groups

industrial units

Anyone had any experience in renting one? Just looking for basic figures on prices for sizes etc.

Am currently in the very and i do mean very early stages of setting up a gym/ martial arts academy.

Size wise how big is 2000sq ft etc. would that mean it could be 40x50 ft sorta thing?

14 Comments

were are you getting your mats from? I was looking around to get some for the home.

I think foam is cheaper but have no idea were to look.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/7/6/0/2/2/webimg/164309546_tp.jpg
    ^they are dirt cheap, but im not sure if there good enough to roll on

Original Poster

black gerbil1;5957432

were are you getting your mats from? I was looking around to get some for … were are you getting your mats from? I was looking around to get some for the home.I think foam is cheaper but have no idea were to look.

not sure man, am doing lots of research into equipment and stuff every day, actually ebay could turn out to be best bet for a lot of stuff im finding out

ah yeah, the place i trained at the other day had them all round the edge, deffo no good to roll on, but very tough

like i said im in the veeeeery early stages currently and am estimating a year easy to get it sorted, business partner wants to get his 3rd dan under his belt first

wow!! good luck do HUKD members get a discount??!

kungfu;5957457

not sure man, am doing lots of research into equipment and stuff every … not sure man, am doing lots of research into equipment and stuff every day, actually ebay could turn out to be best bet for a lot of stuff im finding outah yeah, the place i trained at the other day had them all round the edge, deffo no good to roll on, but very tough

I don't know about how much renting is going to cost, but nowadays gyms go out and buy a piece of big heavy duty foam say 40x40 and just buy a big cover for it, like the ones lorries carry over there goods. meant to be much cheaper then buying X lots of mad, since there £40-60 a pop.

Original Poster

magicbeans;5957479

wow!! good luck do HUKD members get a discount??!

lol its gonna be brutal but you can come free yeah, real back to basics training not for the faint hearted :viking:

black gerbil1;5957486

I don't know about how much renting is going to cost, but nowadays gyms … I don't know about how much renting is going to cost, but nowadays gyms go out and buy a piece of big heavy duty foam say 40x40 and just buy a big cover for it, like the ones lorries carry over there goods. meant to be much cheaper then buying X lots of mad, since there £40-60 a pop.

think your onto something there, the gym the other day had exactly what you described...foam covered in huge blue tarp/canvas, worked well tho, cheers i reckon thats the way for my flooring

^if you find any sites selling that sort of foam, link it in here, im looking for something for my garden 12x12 or something like that dude.

wish you the best of luck!

Original Poster

black gerbil1;5957512

^if you find any sites selling that sort of foam, link it in here, im … ^if you find any sites selling that sort of foam, link it in here, im looking for something for my garden 12x12 or something like that dude.wish you the best of luck!

cheers m8 will let u know what i come across, oh u can expect a pm in 12-18months inviting you to come train for a sesh, see what the gerbil has got :thumbsup:

Original Poster

fireheaven;5957539

I have a number at home for some good quality thick foam mats similar to … I have a number at home for some good quality thick foam mats similar to those and they are quite reasonable. I will let you have it later if you likeGood luck Kungfu with your venture :thumbsup:

cheers any numbers appreciated

kungfu;5957488

lol its gonna be brutal but you can come free yeah, real back to basics … lol its gonna be brutal but you can come free yeah, real back to basics training not for the faint hearted :viking:

damn it im pregnant and have a wak pelvis so cant do any BRUTALITIES!!

really really wish u loadsa luck with ur venture.

kungfu;5957457

actually ebay could turn out to be best bet for a lot of stuff im finding … actually ebay could turn out to be best bet for a lot of stuff im finding out

Definitely recommend ebay for gym equipment - surprising amounts of machines and whole dumbell racks on there etc. Good luck!

kungfu;5957522

cheers m8 will let u know what i come across, oh u can expect a pm in … cheers m8 will let u know what i come across, oh u can expect a pm in 12-18months inviting you to come train for a sesh, see what the gerbil has got :thumbsup:

cool defo man!

http://www.graphicsarcade.com/glitter_text/good_luck/good_luck_graphics_2.gif

I would recommend checking out the unit itself, as I used to rent out a warehouse when I required additional space for my stock.

After checking out loads of units, the sizes can vary and doesn't mean it's a set size i.e it can be 40 x 50ft but it can also be slightly off or narrow etc such as 25 x 80ft, so check them out yourself, as some 200ft units I rented out were smaller than advertised.

Regarding the gym equipment, I have a lot of contacts in Asia, which is where I used to get my stock from (that's where most ebayers will get theres from if they're cutting out the middleman) and I could help you out if you need a lot of stock, as you could get a unit delivered at a fraction of the price you'd pay from stores etc.

The mark up on gym equipment is shocking, which is why I used to sell exercise machines myself.

Good luck on your venture though mate, I'm in the process of starting something as well and know there's a lot of hard work involved. :thumbsup:

Good idea mate :thumbsup:

Sorry don't know anything about bying gym equipment tho ... Was thinking of getting back to martial arts for a while, but still can't make my mind. Will pay you a visit once your up and running. Good luck with it :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      2. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      3. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46
      4. Best Wi-Fi extender22

See more discussions