Groups

INFAMOUS (PS3) Demo now available for free download. Absolutely fantastic!

Banned
    What an amazing game! just completed the demo and was blown away by it. GTA4 meets Assassins Creed meets Sin City.

10/10 imho and will be renting ASAP!

Anyone else tried it?

49 Comments

Sounds cool - off to download it now

Original Poster Banned

hodsey77;5297426

Sounds cool - off to download it now

1.3GB :w00t:

took 20 mins to download!

csiman;5297441

1.3GB :w00t:took 20 mins to download!

Was that including the time to install it too? It's the only thing that I don't get with PS3 demos. On the 360, you download a demo and you get to play it once it's down. The PS3 downloads it then spends another 10-15 agonizing minutes installing it!! (I might download the demo later and take a look for myself )

This demo looks VERY 'Crackdown' - wondering if the new rumoured Crackdown 2 will be anything like this.

Banned

There's a good video review here -

GameTrailers inFamous Review

It looks really excellent.

Xb0xGuru;5297599

Was that including the time to install it too? It's the only thing that I … Was that including the time to install it too? It's the only thing that I don't get with PS3 demos. On the 360, you download a demo and you get to play it once it's down. The PS3 downloads it then spends another 10-15 agonizing minutes installing it!! (I might download the demo later and take a look for myself )This demo looks VERY 'Crackdown' - wondering if the new rumoured Crackdown 2 will be anything like this.

The xbox 360 integrates the install into the download time meaning it downloads slower but is installed at the end and ps3 works by download is faster and then install.
    p.s It is shocking good, so charge your controllers and conduct some fun.

Very good game! Recommended to download and try! Will definitely picking it up

Downloaded but haven't played it yet, it has a good review already:
    gametrailers.com/vid…518

Original Poster Banned

yet another reason to buy a ps3...........................

Just off for a stroll......................

I got a beta code for game could not be bothered to download.

1.3 gb extracted to install size.

360 much the same

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;5298550

I got a beta code for game could not be bothered to download.1.3 gb … I got a beta code for game could not be bothered to download.1.3 gb extracted to install size.360 much the same

fancy sending me the beta code if you aren't gonna use it? :thumbsup:

I sorta promised the code to someone else but with it being linked to my ps3 account I thought better of it. As i don't want my account crippled.

electriclinux;5297790

The xbox 360 integrates the install into the download time meaning it … The xbox 360 integrates the install into the download time meaning it downloads slower but is installed at the end and ps3 works by download is faster and then install. p.s It is shocking good, so charge your controllers and conduct some fun.

I've not looked into it THAT much - all I know is with 360 content I can set the downloads off and put my 360 into standby, then go off to bed. In the morning the content's available to be used without anything further needed. If the PS3 gave you an option to automatically install once downloaded I'd be happy enough (or maybe there is and I've missed it?).

Xb0xGuru;5299757

I've not looked into it THAT much - all I know is with 360 content I can … I've not looked into it THAT much - all I know is with 360 content I can set the downloads off and put my 360 into standby, then go off to bed. In the morning the content's available to be used without anything further needed. If the PS3 gave you an option to automatically install once downloaded I'd be happy enough (or maybe there is and I've missed it?).

I think if you download it from store using the 'download in background' option, then you have to tell it to install it after it's downloaded. If you choose to download, and let it download there and then, it will install it automatically:thumbsup:

hodsey77;5299789

I think if you download it from store using the 'download in background' … I think if you download it from store using the 'download in background' option, then you have to tell it to install it after it's downloaded. If you choose to download, and let it download there and then, it will install it automatically:thumbsup:

I'll try that next time - many thanks

Not bad - basically Crackdown, but 2 years later without weapons.

On another note - 720p? What happened to this being a 1080p console? Are we going to see ANY quality 1080p titles this year or was that just more Sony hype?

Xb0xGuru;5300254

Not bad - basically Crackdown, but 2 years later without weapons. On … Not bad - basically Crackdown, but 2 years later without weapons. On another note - 720p? What happened to this being a 1080p console? Are we going to see ANY quality 1080p titles this year or was that just more Sony hype?

Comparing it to crackdown..... yeah but the climbing is better, story is defiantly better and the powers are different. (I really like electrical powers so they interest me more than guns......that is personal though as some people prefer the guns). Shame it doesn't have co-op.

For the second point I agree whole heartily, maybe because it is the demo. Maybe in a patch if it is the same in the retail game.

Banned

This game is awesome, Played through it three times now and will definately be picking it up next Friday. Can't wait to see what upgrades are available for his powers. Grinding off electricity lines, jumping off and throwing an electric grenade is awesome. Hovering from building to building, climbing to the top and then just peering over it and zapping a bad guy is brilliant. Great game.

Amazing demo, will definitely be getting this. Can anyone tell me how to free-roam? I completed all the missions and started again but if i go out of the area it says 'Abandoning mission' and returns me to the mission.

complete the first mission (one with train) and then just explore.

electriclinux;5300734

complete the first mission (one with train) and then just explore.

Thanks.

Gotta be the longest demo ive played in ages.

Xb0xGuru;5300254

Not bad - basically Crackdown, but 2 years later without weapons. On … Not bad - basically Crackdown, but 2 years later without weapons. On another note - 720p? What happened to this being a 1080p console? Are we going to see ANY quality 1080p titles this year or was that just more Sony hype?

Hype.

The ps3 struggles with full 1080p, hence why some games use "dynamic resolution"

Link HERE: insidethedigitalfoundry.blogspot.com/200…tml

So either the ps3 isn't powerful enough for all games to run at 1080p or programmers can't yet fully realise the potential of the machine...

I'm still hoping Prototype will be better.

Abvance;5302592

I'm still hoping Prototype will be better.

The problem is two very similar games are coming out, but this one has a demo and prototype doesnt

Titchimp;5302216

Gotta be the longest demo ive played in ages.

+1

A long demo cus they know everyone is gonna want to buy it

might have to give this a go

I didn't like it.

MarzBarz;5304642

I didn't like it.

very informative, can you give a reason?:p:p

I thought it was awesome

electriclinux;5304977

very informative, can you give a reason?:p:p

Not my type of game lol.

MarzBarz;5305028

Not my type of game lol.

Fair enough, some people dislike certain games. We would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.:)

MarzBarz;5305028

Not my type of game lol.

Do you like GTA4, SR2 or any open world game?

Original Poster Banned

just played the demo again and without doubt, the best looking, most fun game I have played. The video at the end of the in-game footage is unreal.

SUPERB!

looks very nice, but too be honest, didn't reall enjoy playing it!

csiman;5305556

just played the demo again and without doubt, the best looking, most fun … just played the demo again and without doubt, the best looking, most fun game I have played.

Which would make sense seeing as you're a PS3 owner ... :whistling:

Sorry, out for an evening stroll ...

Original Poster Banned

Xb0xGuru;5307420

Which would make sense seeing as you're a PS3 owner ... :whistling:Sorry, … Which would make sense seeing as you're a PS3 owner ... :whistling:Sorry, out for an evening stroll ...

got a 360 too mate but hardly ever goes on these days as no decent new exclusive since gow2 a year ago :thumbsup:

far prefer multi-format games on the ps3 as I refuse to pay M$ a monthly payment just to use multiplayer aspects of a game.

selling the elite in a month or so once I have completed all the decent exclusives (only got GRAW1 and R6V1 to go!). I will miss PGR4 though. :x

csiman;5310343

got a 360 too mate but hardly ever goes on these days as no decent new … got a 360 too mate but hardly ever goes on these days as no decent new exclusive since gow2 a year ago :thumbsup:far prefer multi-format games on the ps3 as I refuse to pay M$ a monthly payment just to use multiplayer aspects of a game.selling the elite in a month or so once I have completed all the decent exclusives (only got GRAW1 and R6V1 to go!). I will miss PGR4 though. :x

Sorry, my bad - I'm sure you said in a previous post that you'd sold your 360 as you only had one game for it (GoW2).

Did you ever play Crackdown? It's a little dated now (over 2 years old), but the open play was excellent - very much like inFamous with the added bonus of weapons and vehicles. Crackdown 2 is in the works and should be excellent.

Just Cause was also really good fun and IMHO was what GTA IV should have been. Just Cause 2 is out x-platform soon and should be worth a punt on either console.

Unless you're strapped for cash, I'd be inclined to keep your Elite as there's no harm in covering all bases :thumbsup:

I must disagree with Just Cause being what GTA 4 should of been. Just Cause was empty it was lifeless and apart from the planes it was really boring. The character was unlikeable, the story cliché and moronic with terrible voice acting, large sections of jungle where you had to tread through where nothing happened (and you couldn't call in a vehicles due to no opening) and no multiplayer.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions