Infected CVD19 money according to the Media!!!?

Posted 29th MarEdited by:"Blueskinnedbeast"
mirror.co.uk/new…541

A taxi driver "may" have caught the virus from infected cash.
Or he may have been infected somewhere else.

Media frenzy ensues(again)

If anyone wants to get rid of allegedly infected cash send it to me or donate it to a charity
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont want touch it I need you to come to my house and collect it
""Hello I am the chairman of the bank of Britain. We want to help the public and during this crisis, fee free, if you are worried about coronavirus contaminated money, please send you bank notes to us. We will arrange a transfer to an account of your choosing. Please send your cash to po box 69 Lagos and by email your bank account/sort code plus passport number. Thank you. David.""
lumsdot29/03/2020 08:07

Not used cash in last 5 years, shops should ban use of cash is waste of …Not used cash in last 5 years, shops should ban use of cash is waste of time and unhygenic.

Then how would the self employed get cash in hand
Please stop this rubbish. Anything that an infected person touches can pass it on.

Door handles, shopping trolleys, petrol pumps & even touch screens for card payments. Anything, there are no exceptions.
31 Comments
I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont want touch it I need you to come to my house and collect it
Sophia199329/03/2020 02:02

I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont …I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont want touch it I need you to come to my house and collect it

I do believe you are as serious as my discussion
that’s why you should use card to pay for anything, so you don’t get infected change when paying cash
Mendoza29/03/2020 02:13

that’s why you should use card to pay for anything, so you don’t get inf …that’s why you should use card to pay for anything, so you don’t get infected change when paying cash

Always good to use card payments otherwise the Government won`t know who`s buying all the tinfolihats
Please stop this rubbish. Anything that an infected person touches can pass it on.

Door handles, shopping trolleys, petrol pumps & even touch screens for card payments. Anything, there are no exceptions.

I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont …I have around £2.2k cash stashed in my bedroom. Do want? I'm scared I dont want touch it I need you to come to my house and collect it

I’m on my way
Willy_Wonka29/03/2020 02:28

Please stop this rubbish. Anything that an infected person touches can …Please stop this rubbish. Anything that an infected person touches can pass it on. Door handles, shopping trolleys, petrol pumps & even touch screens for card payments. Anything, there are no exceptions.

I touched your post and "feel" infected
The Media take joy in these stories sadly and many members on HUKD believe the MSM, I read worse on here everyday
Blueskinnedbeast29/03/2020 02:39

I touched your post and "feel" infected The Media take joy in …I touched your post and "feel" infected The Media take joy in these stories sadly and many members on HUKD believe the MSM, I read worse on here everyday

There was a theory in the past that eating with silver cutlery stops bacteria & viruses. Now there is some truth in this but what is the truth?

Have a google
Well, You could ask to be paid in 2p pieces, anything made of copper, or copper plated is anti-microbial and anti-viral. That also includes brass.

Always thought it daft when hospitals replaced perfectly good brass door handles and fittings with germ friendly stainless steel.

Viruses should last much longer on the new plastic notes than the old "paper" ones.
Edited by: "melted" 29th Mar
melted29/03/2020 02:49

Well, You could ask to be paid in 2p pieces, anything made of copper, or …Well, You could ask to be paid in 2p pieces, anything made of copper, or copper plated is anti-microbial and anti-viral. That also includes brass. Always thought it daft when hospitals replaced perfectly good brass door handles and fittings with germ friendly stainless steel. Viruses should last much longer on the new plastic notes than the old "paper" ones.

Viruses should last much longer on the new plastic notes than the old "paper" ones.
This has been reported many times, including pictures of China disinfecting cash and destroying notes because if the virus.

The media has a lot to answer for as most of them are now are just click bait “news” outlets only there for the advertising revenue.
Blueskinnedbeast29/03/2020 02:39

I touched your post and "feel" infected The Media take joy in …I touched your post and "feel" infected The Media take joy in these stories sadly and many members on HUKD believe the MSM, I read worse on here everyday

Yet you chose to perpetuate this 'news' by creating this thread
Virus lingers longer on hard surfaces than paper
ndyanem29/03/2020 07:39

Virus lingers longer on hard surfaces than paper

Source?

4 hours on copper

How big is the bedroom and how many notes do you have?
It was on the news update yersterday afternoon plus I work in a pharmacy so we’re having to follow strict cleaning rules. virus can remain viable in the air for up to 3 hours, on copper for up to 4 hours, on cardboard up to 24 hours and on plastic and stainless steel up to 72 hours.
Not used cash in last 5 years, shops should ban use of cash is waste of time and unhygenic.

Not used cash in last 5 years, shops should ban use of cash is waste of …Not used cash in last 5 years, shops should ban use of cash is waste of time and unhygenic.

A lot of people still need to use cash

Then how would the self employed get cash in hand
Easy, I’ve started asking customers to put the wad into a plastic bag I carry with me, I then store it for a month until it’s safe to touch.
ndyanem29/03/2020 08:07

A lot of people still need to use cash

Replace “need” with “choose”

All PAYE workers and Pensioners don’t need cash, only the self employed tend to use cash for obvious reasons ..

40217080.jpg

[my post got deleted- so added the clean version here ]
All UK citizens are entitled to a bank account, hence my comment. There is limited need to require cash, it is far cheaper today than ever to accept card...and look down on those who use cash.. when In reality if you have cash it’s yours whereas tapping away often the cardholder dont have the credit
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 29th Mar
Ok I’ll tell my regular older generation customers and my father they are in the wrong for now having a bank account or not using a bank card
whatyadoinsucka29/03/2020 09:27

Comment deleted

All I’m saying is that there is a large proportion of people whom prefer to use cash and cash only. My father doesn’t have a bank account and doesn’t want one. We need to keep cash going for a few more generations
ndyanem29/03/2020 09:28

All I’m saying is that there is a large proportion of people whom prefer t … All I’m saying is that there is a large proportion of people whom prefer to use cash and cash only. My father doesn’t have a bank account and doesn’t want one. We need to keep cash going for a few more generations

It’ll more likely be a few years, maybe 5-10 years, I can’t see the 20 somethings ever using cash again.

Lots of websites highlight the pros and cons, for me cashback and future credit worthiness and the fact you can’t pay for many things conveniently with cash (travel holidays online etc) is why I’m using cash less and less although I still have cash on me ..

The main benefit of cash has to be the under reporting of income to the taxman.
whatyadoinsucka29/03/2020 09:38

It’ll more likely be a few years, maybe 5-10 years, I can’t see the 20 som …It’ll more likely be a few years, maybe 5-10 years, I can’t see the 20 somethings ever using cash again. Lots of websites highlight the pros and cons, for me cashback and future credit worthiness and the fact you can’t pay for many things conveniently with cash (travel holidays online etc) is why I’m using cash less and less although I still have cash on me ..The main benefit of cash has to be the under reporting of income to the taxman.

5-10 years disagree. I’m guessing 30 years till cash is completely wiped out. We have a high ageing population and cash is still popular
ndyanem29/03/2020 08:56

Ok I’ll tell my regular older generation customers and my father they are i …Ok I’ll tell my regular older generation customers and my father they are in the wrong for now having a bank account or not using a bank card

They are. Without wanting to be overly dramatic, they are increasing the risk for both themselves and shop workers.
""Hello I am the chairman of the bank of Britain. We want to help the public and during this crisis, fee free, if you are worried about coronavirus contaminated money, please send you bank notes to us. We will arrange a transfer to an account of your choosing. Please send your cash to po box 69 Lagos and by email your bank account/sort code plus passport number. Thank you. David.""
You've just reminded me of my last trip on the bus, OP.

Watching someone get on and pay by £5 note - and then the driver putting said money in his mouth whilst he sorted out the change! Then I glanced at the prominent poster the bus company had stuck to the side of the drivers door regarding Coronavirus...
whatyadoinsucka29/03/2020 08:53

Replace “need” with “choose” All PAYE workers and Pensioners don …Replace “need” with “choose” All PAYE workers and Pensioners don’t need cash, only the self employed tend to use cash for obvious reasons ..[Image] [my post got deleted- so added the clean version here ]All UK citizens are entitled to a bank account, hence my comment. There is limited need to require cash, it is far cheaper today than ever to accept card...and look down on those who use cash.. when In reality if you have cash it’s yours whereas tapping away often the cardholder dont have the credit

I like the image
But as for cash, recently many banks have issues and people couldn't get money out like tsb, NatWest etc so it's good to keep some for emergencies.
tryn2help29/03/2020 21:40

Comment deleted

Pensioners receive payments into an account hence my comment, Yes I agree at the current time and situation pensioners need cash, and the current older generation are set in their ways,
but future generations will use smartphone apps to transfer money, PayPal and newer banks like Monzo have the function to send payments or request funds from friend via contacts list on mobile phones, the younger generations have massively embraced this technology in recent years and just don’t use cash now
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 29th Mar
tryn2help29/03/2020 22:32

Comment deleted

There are methods already, if you have an apple or android mobile phone or tablet it’s simple enough. As ive said In an earlier comment Scandinavia is leading the way..

Watch how the younger generation pay for things, do any still use cash, I only carry cash for limited means and rarely use it, as it’s far easier to tap..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants