Infinite Warfare game disc will be required to play COD4 HD Remaster..

Recently checked the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remastered official page, and noticed the small print which states that the game disc is required in order to play the Remastered version... which is a total shame for those who wanted to buy the legacy edition for the remaster. Image of small print is below, official link being:

callofduty.com/mod…red

I know there were a few people who were sceptical about this, so I thought it would be useful to post so you are aware!

59 Comments

Well spotted - certainly a useful heads-up! Certainly the "digital deluxe" version would bypass this somehow, but that doesn't help those planning to sell on...
Edited by: "Illusionary" 1st Oct 2016

Words they have chosen are misleading. Do they mean you have to have the Infinite disc inserted when you chose to play Modern Warfare Remastered? as they don't actually state Infinite. Common sense is obviously hard to find nowadays
Edited by: "treadstone" 1st Oct 2016

Original Poster

treadstone

Words they have chosen are misleading. Do they mean you have to have the … Words they have chosen are misleading. Do they mean you have to have the Infinite disc inserted when you chose to play Modern Warfare Remastered?

Tell me about it! That is correct yes, as the Modern Warfare Remastered is a digital code

treadstone

Words they have chosen are misleading. Do they mean you have to have the … Words they have chosen are misleading. Do they mean you have to have the Infinite disc inserted when you chose to play Modern Warfare Remastered? as they don't actually state Infinite. Common sense is obviously hard to find nowadays

The game will only come with a single disc, so yep, as Quikfinder's also now said, this'll have to refer to the Infinite Warfare disc.

Original Poster

Illusionary

Well spotted - certainly a useful heads-up! Certainly the "digital … Well spotted - certainly a useful heads-up! Certainly the "digital deluxe" version would bypass this somehow, but that doesn't help those planning to sell on...

Exactly mate. I was planning on redeeming that digital code and then head to cex to sell IW xD

Cancelling preorder. Spoke to an Activision ambassador who had no idea and still couldn't confirm or deny.

Wonder how this will work for PC? I have it ordered from cdkeys. I assume it would just come as one code so you can't sell one of them but if they are separate games I don't think that's possible.
Edited by: "sweeten16" 1st Oct 2016

This is what happens when people can't keep their big mouths shut literally bragging how they are going to sell infinite warefare and only buying for cod 4. Activision obviously realised this and made it so you need the disc now.

sweeten16

Wonder how this will work for PC? I have it ordered from cdkeys. I assume … Wonder how this will work for PC? I have it ordered from cdkeys. I assume it would just come as one code so you can't sell one of them but if they are separate games I don't think that's possible.

I'm fairly certain that "deluxe digital" game keys will just be a single key, so inherently not separable.

darkspace100

This is what happens when people can't keep their big mouths shut … This is what happens when people can't keep their big mouths shut literally bragging how they are going to sell infinite warefare and only buying for cod 4. Activision obviously realised this and made it so you need the disc now.

Honestly, I don't think that'll have made any difference - they're not that naiive, and will be of the possibility of selling. I expect that they'll have planned it this way from the outset, regardless of whether people announce plans to sell.

Edited by: "Illusionary" 1st Oct 2016

Illusionary

Honestly, I don't think that'll have made any difference - they're not … Honestly, I don't think that'll have made any difference - they're not that naiive, and will be of the possibility of selling. I expect that they'll have planned it this way from the outset, regardless of whether people announce plans to sell.

Either way they weren't going to make buying cod 4 so simple but people bragging probably bought it to their attention.

Also this pretty much confirms cod 4 remaster won't ever be sold on its own. So people holding out are going to be waiting until old age before they realise.
Edited by: "darkspace100" 1st Oct 2016

darkspace100

Either way they weren't going to make buying cod 4 so simple but people … Either way they weren't going to make buying cod 4 so simple but people bragging probably bought it to their attention.Also this pretty much confirms cod 4 remaster won't ever be sold on its own. So people holding out are going to be waiting until old age before they realise.

It will be sold on its own eventually, the franchise loves Money too much not to

Glad I got in on the cheap argos deal

Should CoD4 ever get announced as a separate purchase Ide like to bet it would get delayed to well after November 4th.

pineapplebitch

It will be sold on its own eventually, the franchise loves Money too much … It will be sold on its own eventually, the franchise loves Money too much not to

The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like activision is hurting for money. They are going to wait it out and see how many people cave and alot of people will cave and buy the expensive editions. The only reason they even remastered cod 4 was to sell infinite warfare and they aren't going to compete and kill that games sales by making cod 4 standalone and by the time IW sales have slowed down they will announce the MW2 remaster with the next cod so wont care about the few that have held out.

darkspace100

The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like … The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like activision is hurting for money. They are going to wait it out and see how many people cave and alot of people will cave and buy the expensive editions. The only reason they even remastered cod 4 was to sell infinite warfare and they aren't going to compete and kill that games sales by making cod 4 standalone and by the time IW sales have slowed down they will announce the MW2 remaster with the next cod so wont care about the few that have held out.

Don't kid yourself. It will be sold on its own. It will, because business is business and companies always change their mind.

Mycroftsoft

Don't kid yourself. It will be sold on its own. It will, because business … Don't kid yourself. It will be sold on its own. It will, because business is business and companies always change their mind.

Even if they do sell it stand alone it will be full price meaning £50 and i'm not gonna wait something silly like 6 months just to save £20.

That's awkward - Devs must have realised no one cares about Infinite Warfare and only want the COD4 Remaster..

was just looking at the digital deluxe version on the ps store - £94 for the two games plus season pass - also noticed that you get 30 days early access to the remastered COD capaign (starting 5th Oct) - was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not if you "game share" will both users be able to play the early access campaign or just the account that bought the game??

darkspace100

It will be sold on its own eventually, the franchise loves Money too much … It will be sold on its own eventually, the franchise loves Money too much not to

The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like activision is hurting for money. They are going to wait it out and see how many people cave and alot of people will cave and buy the expensive editions. The only reason they even remastered cod 4 was to sell infinite warfare and they aren't going to compete and kill that games sales by making cod 4 standalone and by the time IW sales have slowed down they will announce the MW2 remaster with the next cod so wont care about the few that have held out.[/quote

You are right but if you haven't noticed their greed has no end.
Micro transactions and dlc constantly bleeding ppl of money. Nuketown was exclusive never to be sold desperately and then they released it. I imagine it will may be a year after but it will come once they have bled enough money to justify the release capturing the money of anyone who held out

Both games will be great, start saving a couple of pound a week and enjoy.

Don't be negative about IW, it will be good if you get into it with a positive head, not a negative one.

Cancelled preorder, concentrate on gears 4 and bf1 instead.

Ill just wait until MW is a separate release.

darkspace100

This is what happens when people can't keep their big mouths shut … This is what happens when people can't keep their big mouths shut literally bragging how they are going to sell infinite warefare and only buying for cod 4. Activision obviously realised this and made it so you need the disc now.

Don't be silly and start blaming customers. Activision had this plan all along. It's not a quick fix to implement something like this, especially when they will have been working on the game itself to get it ready for release.

Pre ordering bf1 today, and gonna forget about this farce. I'm not gonna pay for infinate warfare just to play mW remastered, if they want my money they'll have to sell as a standalone.

pineapplebitch

The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like … The franchise makes them more than enough money and its not like activision is hurting for money. They are going to wait it out and see how many people cave and alot of people will cave and buy the expensive editions. The only reason they even remastered cod 4 was to sell infinite warfare and they aren't going to compete and kill that games sales by making cod 4 standalone and by the time IW sales have slowed down they will announce the MW2 remaster with the next cod so wont care about the few that have held out.[/quote You are right but if you haven't noticed their greed has no end.Micro transactions and dlc constantly bleeding ppl of money. Nuketown was exclusive never to be sold desperately and then they released it. I imagine it will may be a year after but it will come once they have bled enough money to justify the release capturing the money of anyone who held out

Not sure about that as why would they lock cod 4 with the infinite warfare disc if they have plans to sell it on its own? People need to stop going off and trusting clickbaiting youtubers. Thankfully its not a big deal for me. I'm pretty sure i'll get at least 70 hours of gameplay from Cod 4 so in terms i've hours played vs money spent it will be a good deal and i've never played the campaign so thats a bonus so if infinite warfare by some miracle turns out good that will also be a nice surprise.

darkspace100

Not sure about that as why would they lock cod 4 with the infinite … Not sure about that as why would they lock cod 4 with the infinite warfare disc if they have plans to sell it on its own? People need to stop going off and trusting clickbaiting youtubers. Thankfully its not a big deal for me. I'm pretty sure i'll get at least 70 hours of gameplay from Cod 4 so in terms i've hours played vs money spent it will be a good deal and i've never played the campaign so thats a bonus so if infinite warfare by some miracle turns out good that will also be a nice surprise.

Without trying to sound rude its because people like yourself roll over and accept it, they will keep doing it.

This call of duty should of been boycott, if everyone didn't purchase the deluxe version or whatever it is, then they would of sold zero copies of MW and pretty much be forced into releasing it as a separate release or as a preorder bonus for all IW buyers.

Of course this would never happen as too many people are willing to throw money away for a little gain.

Banned

With the amount of backlash they've been getting, I suppose it's just a matter of time before they make a separate retail release for MW4 Remastered and digitally too.

Oh well not end of the world. Cancelled my pre order now. Watch sales of IW plummet because of this decision.

This seems pretty confusing, So I got in on the Argos deal and can expect a code any day now for Modern Warfare Remastered but this will only give access to the campaign not multiplayer.

Then according to their site on launch day November 4th you must install the full version, So in essence the code comes with a 30 day expiry then relies on the disc thereafter to allow access?

support.activision.com/art…ess

https://s15.postimg.org/xd71cvkiv/20161001_162611.png

Cancelled. Should all post our cancellations and send the thread over to them robbing c**ts at Activision.
Edited by: "Hiltron09" 1st Oct 2016

Said it would from the start, sucks

Hiltron09

Cancelled. Should all post our cancellations and send the thread over to … Cancelled. Should all post our cancellations and send the thread over to them robbing c**ts at Activision.

Best idea ever

haritori

Without trying to sound rude its because people like yourself roll over … Without trying to sound rude its because people like yourself roll over and accept it, they will keep doing it.This call of duty should of been boycott, if everyone didn't purchase the deluxe version or whatever it is, then they would of sold zero copies of MW and pretty much be forced into releasing it as a separate release or as a preorder bonus for all IW buyers.Of course this would never happen as too many people are willing to throw money away for a little gain.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side. Do I want infinite warfare? Nope but my nostalgia is too much to resist not buying cod 4. if they didnt remaster cod 4 I would have had zero interest in infinite warfare. I'm just going to buy even less games than I was planning to so I can afford to buy the legacy edition.

ndksamb

Pre ordering bf1 today, and gonna forget about this farce. I'm not gonna … Pre ordering bf1 today, and gonna forget about this farce. I'm not gonna pay for infinate warfare just to play mW remastered, if they want my money they'll have to sell as a standalone.

BF1 always looked like the much better game so good on you, I hope many others follow suit, my bf1 has pre downloaded now and thinking about getting it on PC also.

darkspace100

I'm just trying to look on the bright side. Do I want infinite warfare? … I'm just trying to look on the bright side. Do I want infinite warfare? Nope but my nostalgia is too much to resist not buying cod 4. if they didnt remaster cod 4 I would have had zero interest in infinite warfare. I'm just going to buy even less games than I was planning to so I can afford to buy the legacy edition.

That's such a silly thing to do and is the reason activision do things like this, it's a terrible way to treat your fan base yet the sheep will follow

haritori

Ill just wait until MW is a separate release.

Or wait for cod 4 BC !

Snakeyes646

That's such a silly thing to do and is the reason activision do things … That's such a silly thing to do and is the reason activision do things like this, it's a terrible way to treat your fan base yet the sheep will follow

I know what you mean but I'm weak and can't help myself resisting.

Sounds like you are still bitter from missing out on the Argos deal X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Did you know?2948
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764286
    3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2232
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846188

See more discussions