info about motorbikes please!!!

4 replies
Found 2nd Aug 2008
ive read up online but its a bit confusing so i wondered if anyone could break it down on what i need to get on the road with a 125cc. Im 20 and only have my provisional drivin licence but my bro also wants to learn and he has a full licence and is 21. thanks guys


You need to take a cbt which is about £100 ish. Then your legal with "L" plates for 2 years. Unless it's changed

I think they did change some laws recently for bike tests, not sure if they affect CBT's or if they're in force yet though...

I did a CBT over 2 years ago now, dead easy even for someone whos never actually been on a bike before (like me!) done in a day, some riding around a carpark to learn the basics, some info about essential checks before riding and safety, then some on-road practice. so long as you're not dangerous you'll pass. I let mine expire because I've really got no-where to keep a bike

Dont get one - they are so dangerous - well car drivers are towards riders! I have grown up with bikes, my dad is on the comitee for the lagest biking organisation in the country and officiates at the TT races and international trials and he would never let me have a bike on the road!

Both you and your brother will need to do your CBT (Compulsory Basic Training). Even though he has a full car license it still only counts as a provisional license for a motorcycle.

Unless you live in Northern Ireland, in which case you don't need to do the CBT :-D And if your near Belfast you can buy my 125 if ya want :giggle:
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47381
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @

    See more discussions