Groups

info needed on r4ds cards please?

are they legal? do i need to buy anything extra to go with it? (like memory card) do they really work or is it not worth it? please advise, many thanks x

32 Comments

they work fine and you need micro sd card for them-whether they are legal or not depends on what content you put on them.

memory card around 4gb should be good for around 50 to 60 games.
    toptoy ds on deal extreme seems to get good reports

The flash carts for the DS are a grey area legally. They need a Micro SD card in order to play any content from them. Because they can be used for both owned games and homebrew, they do have a legal purpose. However you can also copy games which you don't own (obviously this is piracy) and this is where the legality wavers.

They work very well, in case you're wondering!

Original Poster

what do i put into my ds, the sd card or this r4 thingy?

(ps thanks guys!

also, is it right they are only around £12?

is this what i would need? model-gadget.com/sho…4ac

The micro sd card fits into the R4 card then the R4 fits into the DS.

The Saints thread will help you set it up..
    hotukdeals.com/for…811

Original Poster

thanks for all your help guys - sorry to keep on asking but does anyone know the difference between the link i posted above and this one? model-gadget.com/sho…4ac

R4 v2 (old version)- can only accept micro sd cards up to 2gb
    R4 shdc (new version) - can accept the more expensive and more importantly larger micro sdhc cards 4gb,8gb etc.

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;4112243

http://www.focalprice.com/R4_Revolution_3_for_NDSL_NDS_DS_Silver_GN217S_6876.htmlthey are cheaper here, the site you mentioned get them from the same places everyone on here gets them from, be careful with some of the UK sites that sell these as they are drop shipping,Hope this helps

whats ''drop shipping' and where is the best place to buy from? is there any chance in future they will be unable to be used? or will they keep on working all the time?

also - i cant find the right memory card on this site

Original Poster

esq3585;4112320

Two items to get, will do the job … Two items to get, will do the job :thumbsup:http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1005/1250/-/3359487/Sandisk-Micro-SD-HC-4GB-Card/Product.html?searchtype=genre

great thank you!!!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

does deal extreme deliver quickly?

Well you will get the item in around 5-10 days from order date

Original Poster

is it easy to put games onto it whan it arrives? (from my own games and possible downloads) or is it really complicated?

hocka;4112581

is it easy to put games onto it whan it arrives? (from my own games and … is it easy to put games onto it whan it arrives? (from my own games and possible downloads) or is it really complicated?

Simply download game, unzip. then drag & drop.

Original Poster

where is the best place to download? emule, limewire, moonshell (think its called that lol)

hocka;4112696

where is the best place to download? emule, limewire, moonshell (think … where is the best place to download? emule, limewire, moonshell (think its called that lol)

for bulk downloading use newsbin pro and giganews.
    emule limewire or azureus all these progs will do the job though.

Original Poster

thanks guys you have all been great - much appreciated - will spread some rep!

romulation.net

download from here also has forums and tuturials and links to evrything you need use it myself and the guys and gals over there are very helpful to get you started up x

hocka;4112484

does deal extreme deliver quickly?

I've personally been waiting since December 15th(roughly) for an R4DS from Dealextreme (SDHC version). It's on it's way now(I think) - they were out of stock. In-stock items take about 10 days to get to you from what I hear.

The R4DS is legal - downloading and then putting pirated games onto them is not legal.

Just be mindful of what your doing;-)

Original Poster

ilovepink;4112847

romulation.netdownload from here also has forums and tuturials and links … romulation.netdownload from here also has forums and tuturials and links to evrything you need use it myself and the guys and gals over there are very helpful to get you started up x

thanks for that - have added to favs :thumbsup:

Original Poster

robtallica;4112851

I've personally been waiting since December 15th(roughly) for an R4DS … I've personally been waiting since December 15th(roughly) for an R4DS from Dealextreme (SDHC version). It's on it's way now(I think) - they were out of stock. In-stock items take about 10 days to get to you from what I hear.The R4DS is legal - downloading and then putting pirated games onto them is not legal.Just be mindful of what your doing;-)

where else is the best place to buy from then? - dont want to wait that long - but want to buy from a place i can trust

tecknet are really quick @ shipping and you can pay via paypal too i have ordered loads of r4 from them for friends and family and they all woked fine and were delivered really quickly

tecknetdirect.co.uk/Pro…d=6

Original Poster

ilovepink;4112905

tecknet are really quick @ shipping and you can pay via paypal too i have … tecknet are really quick @ shipping and you can pay via paypal too i have ordered loads of r4 from them for friends and family and they all woked fine and were delivered really quickly http://www.tecknetdirect.co.uk/Productlist.aspx?p=6&aid=53&mid=6

you guys are all sooooooooo helpful, cant thank you enough

your more than welcome, if your stuck just look on the romulation link i gave you earlier register wit them, then check out the forums find tutourials and then there is one headed r4 tutorial this will give you a step by step guide and all the links that you need to download everything to get started it seems a lot to take in and you mite go wrong i didnt have a clue till i went there lol, now my 8 year old neice does it herself good luck x

Original Poster

ilovepink;4113032

your more than welcome, if your stuck just look on the romulation link i … your more than welcome, if your stuck just look on the romulation link i gave you earlier register wit them, then check out the forums find tutourials and then there is one headed r4 tutorial this will give you a step by step guide and all the links that you need to download everything to get started it seems a lot to take in and you mite go wrong i didnt have a clue till i went there lol, now my 8 year old neice does it herself good luck x

thank you for your help - ive already just registered there. looks lyk you have to install a rar file opener thingyme bob! will get there eventually - really appreciate your help - are you on the forums on there too?

nah i dont hang around there bit too techy for me but the people there are very helpful yes you need to download winrar the link for that download is also there too i will get the link for the tutorial for you now so you can take a look

A good place for ds 'games' is frozen-roms(look for the odd bit of German text - that's the one).

Google it up - I won't add a link incase it gets me in trouble.

Let's just say they have pretty much everything - jap/euro/US, upto date and archived etc etc.

Original Poster

seem to got the 'just' of it now - thanks to you guys, really appreciate all your help - thanks once again!

(ps - downloaded winrar - only seems to be free for 40 days tho - will have to look into that!)

hocka;4113148

seem to got the 'just' of it now - thanks to you guys, really appreciate … seem to got the 'just' of it now - thanks to you guys, really appreciate all your help - thanks once again!(ps - downloaded winrar - only seems to be free for 40 days tho - will have to look into that!)

I've never had to upgrade winrar - it just keeps on giving :-D

When you have a folder downloaded, double click it(usually on your desktop) then right-click and 'extract all'.

Just beware that some may be confusing - if a folder has multiple files inside it extract the 1st or largest one. It should build the rom for you nicely. Then just drag and drop the .nds file (rom) onto the root of your R4DS card(or equivalent obvo)

You'll get the hang of it after a while.

I use WinRAR with the context functions- i.e right click on a RAR file and choose an option from the list. Always best to extract to a folder of the same name. Better still, there's no message about it being unregistered!

Original Poster

got this all done now all thanks to you guys, cant believe how fantastic it is - saves a fortune on games, some ive tried im glad i havent bought - they were a bit of a let down, would never buy a ds game again! thank you all so very much, ive repped you all!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)68
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917263
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846195
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31150

See more discussions