Info : NEXT outlet store closes down at gunwharf quays (Portsmouth)

LocalFound 12th Mar 2015
Not sure where to post this info so will do here.. hope this info is useful to someone. Maybe save someone a wasted trip like happened to me today...

Went down today to gunwharf quays outlet to get a couple of stuff from NEXT clearance store and they have closed down....Wonder what's gone wrong since I never known of a next store shutting down - Recession never seems to affect them . This store has been so much a part of the outlet village that people are surely going to miss it... So disappointed!
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
The store in Canary wharf was closed down too
Gunwharf didn't want Next there anymore. We were not premium enough... Despite being one of the top performing clearance stores...we were all devastated and management all made redundant. Absolutely gutted.
tina8282

Gunwharf didn't want Next there anymore. We were not premium enough... … Gunwharf didn't want Next there anymore. We were not premium enough... Despite being one of the top performing clearance stores...we were all devastated and management all made redundant. Absolutely gutted.

Not premium enough ?? Makes no sense.. I did go 2nd half of Jan there was no indication of it closing down so can see it was a hasty decision. A lot of people are gutted cause I could see most shoppers stop to read the notice ..
The clearance stores are awful. They don't even seem to sell the normal shop stuff, it looks all made for the outlets.
mk8

The clearance stores are awful. They don't even seem to sell the normal … The clearance stores are awful. They don't even seem to sell the normal shop stuff, it looks all made for the outlets.

I like their kids wear and at the rate the kids outgrow clothes these stores were my best buy place.... I have got a lot of bargain stuff from next clearance in the past so not complaining ( my last bargain buy in Jan was a £1 single duvet set for kids room ...!!! ) A lot depends on timing and luck I guess..
swtchick87

The store in Canary wharf was closed down too

Really? Do you mean it was closed at a time when you wanted to go into the store or it was completely closed down for good?
salzie

Really? Do you mean it was closed at a time when you wanted to go into … Really? Do you mean it was closed at a time when you wanted to go into the store or it was completely closed down for good?

I'd assume closed down means closed for good...
Saves me a trip, thank for posting
Aren't most outlets doing just that.. Selling second rate items cheaper than original..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants