Groups

info on how to use HUKD for the better.

Hi people, just looking for tips on how to get the best out of HUKD, any pointers/tips are much appreciated. Cheers.

17 Comments

I'll start with saying that heat is subjective, so I sort deals by 'new' when browsing. Also, no drunken browsing, as it's often expensive!

Original Poster

lol thanks

Banned

Stay out of the MISC section if you value your sanity

Post some good deals you come across

Set up alerts to where you do your food shopping

Don't use it if you pay for most things on a credit card! Especially if it's not a 0% card...

Select "remember where I left off" in settings. just in case you're scrolling & get disturbed. when you come back onto app you are where you left off.
    Edited by: "Saro" 25th Jan

Don't visit the site casually. Just use it as a search tool when you want to buy something specific to get an idea of how low something goes and what good price really is.

Harder said than done though.

Some tips on what NOT to do. Don't do any of these:

- Misuse of the words "glitch" and "misprice" such as LG TV reduced from £799 to £749 - Glitch? Misprice?
    - Contradicting yourself such as Levis shirt for £10. Thousands in stock - HURRY!
    - Another contradiction such as "Best graphics card - must be under £50 and I am not bothered about gaming"
    - Begging for kindness with the comment "First post please be kind"
    - Attempt to coerce fellow HUKD people to side with you after a problematic ebay transaction such as "Yesterday I ripped off this person and sold him a dodgy laptop and now he has given me negative feedback. What are my rights?"
    - Ask fellow HUKD about legitamacy of a website when it is blatantly obvious such as "Anyone know if we_scam_people.com is legit?"
    - When you do see an incorrectly priced item you must stay calm and not become so excited about earning heat on HUKD that they reach the point of cognitive failure. Many times I see people posting such incorrectly priced items resulting in a barrage of orders for these items and triggering off alerts from the retailer, resulting in cancelled orders. Next time you see a high end TV for £10, make the purchase first and if the order arrives successfully, then that is the time to become excited and post away in order to receive the heat that (strangely) some people here have an insatiable appetite for (sad people indeed).

Just use a bit of common sense and some grey matter and HUKD will be much better

Edited by: "DaveTaylor" 25th Jan

Setup alerts on the HUKD app for things you're interested in and keep an eye on tags, e.g.

hotukdeals.com/tag…box

Just change the 'tag' at the end of the URL.
    Edited by: "morgie" 25th Jan

YouDontWantToKnow

Stay out of the MISC section if you value your sanityPost some good deals … Stay out of the MISC section if you value your sanityPost some good deals you come acrossSet up alerts to where you do your food shopping

​What the f! I just looked at the misc section, that fully explains why there are so many weirdos on here haha

Vanderlust

Don't visit the site casually. Just use it as a search tool when you want … Don't visit the site casually. Just use it as a search tool when you want to buy something specific to get an idea of how low something goes and what good price really is.Harder said than done though.

I can see why you say this, i.e. to stop yourself buying unnecessary things, but to be honest, some of the best deals I've bought have been from seeing deals for things on here that I don't need. I don't necessarily worry about spending money on things we don't need - after all, we don't *need* most of the stuff we buy. But I have been able to buy some great things at tremendous value that I otherwise would not have bought from browsing the site casually.

My tip: if you're wondering if something is cheap and need to make a quick decision as to whether or not to buy it, search it on the website to see if a deal has been posted regarding that item. If it's on here, with good heat, at a higher/similar price to the price you can get the item, go for it! I always gauge value based on HUKD penny pinchers ;).

itsdavidjones1984

​What the f! I just looked at the misc section, that fully explains why t … ​What the f! I just looked at the misc section, that fully explains why there are so many weirdos on here haha

Just made the same mistake - what heck is Just Heard This....

As Dave Taylor says, plus don't take it to heart if you post a deal and someone criticises it. There's a lot of people on here who take perverse enjoyment in criticising. There's also a lot on here who, if they got a new Rolls Royce for £1 would complain because it didn't have the ermine car mats!
    Ignore the Heat/Cold figures, if it's a deal for you that should be good enough.

Supermod

Welcome to HUKD

Some good bits of advice above which hopefully you'll find useful. If there is anything you're ever unsure about and you cant find the answer, feel free to drop one of the moderators a message (you'll see [MOD TEAM] after their username) or anything else you can send a message over here - hotukdeals.com/con…act

I tend to keep an eye on the deals page, sorted by heat, and buy anything that just look too good to miss.

I end up with things i didn't know i need. Lol X)

If you're going to start engaging in the misc section, do not be tempted to criticise/correct other people's bad spelling (as you'll be there all day) or join in any threads made by princess23.

Banned

itsdavidjones1984

​What the f! I just looked at the misc section, that fully explains why t … ​What the f! I just looked at the misc section, that fully explains why there are so many weirdos on here haha

Told ya

Toptrumpet

If you're going to start engaging in the misc section, do not be tempted … If you're going to start engaging in the misc section, do not be tempted to criticise/correct other people's bad spelling (as you'll be there all day) or join in any threads made by princess23.

When i joined hukd, i didnt work out what misc was for until about 6 or 7 months later, that it was a discussion forum. Lol X)

I like princess thread. I used to think they were silly posts which keeps saying i am bored, which then bores me as it doesnt take much to bore me, but i think her posts have got a lot better and are now quite funny.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions