Groups

info on laptop to tv link.

hi everyone, this is my first thread so here goes.
    i followed a link discussing how to connect laptop to tv, and i have a similar problem. can anyone tell me how to fix the fn keys on my toshiba satellite 5200 as i need to click on them to transfer the screens.
    ive managed to downgrade the driver so the tv to laptop now works "it took 5 days" but the fn keys still dont operate at all, this is doing my head in.

6 Comments

Use this;

uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/inn…=UK

For product type use archived files, for series Satelitte 52xx, the rest choose yourself, I believe the driver you want is hotkey utilities for display devices.

Stick around once you have sorted it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

RedIron;5968797

Use … Use this;http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UKFor product type use archived files, for series Satelitte 52xx, the rest choose yourself, I believe the driver you want is hotkey utilities for display devices.Stick around once you have sorted it :thumbsup:

many thanks you guys, i will let yous know, cheers.

Original Poster

hi, rediron ive been trying to upload the drivers but i cant identify any that work the fn keys.
    i tried to open them, then i tried to save and run them but nothing uploads. as i said im not too computer literate when it comes to tech stuff. i need click by click instructions if anyone can help.
    cheers.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hi, i managed to downgrade the driver and my laptop to tv link works okay but the fn keys still wont operate at all. is there anyone else out there with a solution, thanks.

is it sony vaio? do any fn + combo keys work? if not download the 'hot key' drivers and install them on the laptop from the sony vaio website...specific to your model laptop

i think its called 'hot key' driver for vaio....just have a look at the list of drivers for your vaio bud.

EDIT sorry i had few last night... i just read now it is a toshiba satellite... in that case have a look for the equivalent drivers on the toshiba website.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      2. Battery drain on iOS 111213
      3. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      4. Biscuit addiction1954

See more discussions