Groups

INFO ON WHAT WEBCAM

Son has recently hinted he wants one because we have a very old one which does not seem to cut the mustard any longer...for some reason.

Cannot look for any because I do not have a clue what I am looking for. Mainly uses it for MSN (he is 14). What spec should I be looking at?

Max buget is about £40.

Hope some of you are still up......

13 Comments

I got mine from dabs.com was £23...it's a logitech one. you should do fine for £40

bellabonkers;3694278

I got mine from dabs.com was £23...it's a logitech one. you should do … I got mine from dabs.com was £23...it's a logitech one. you should do fine for £40

Is it very clear bella?.... Thats probably a silly question... I should know better..:w00t:

Can you see ya self on it?... Perhaps I should go to bed..:oops:

edna_clouds;3694355

Is it very clear bella?.... Thats probably a silly question... I should … Is it very clear bella?.... Thats probably a silly question... I should know better..:w00t:Can you see ya self on it?... Perhaps I should go to bed..:oops:

yes it's just fine...you should know, we chatted with it on b4!
    I don't know a lot about them either unfortunately

Original Poster

Cheers

Original Poster

Anyone else got suggestions on spec for webcams?

Eyetoy works.

vengod;3696375

Eyetoy works.

I have tried to use my Eyetoy as a webcam but MSN can't seem to detect it

Original Poster

vengod;3696375

Eyetoy works.

what and where :thinking:

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;3696824

Budget of £40!! Get one from Dealextreme, cheap as chips! then you can … Budget of £40!! Get one from Dealextreme, cheap as chips! then you can treat yourself with the leftovers! ]Here's one for about £8 that should do the job Full list ]HERE

What pixels or size will be the better quality? He is complaining that the one we have is useless so don't want to get something as bad

I spose, the higher the better. Your budget of £40, you could probably by about 5 different ones and compare! lol

I have ]THIS which is pretty good! However, I need a driver for Vista!

What webcam does he have at the mo??

fireheaven;3696431

I have tried to use my Eyetoy as a webcam but MSN can't seem to detect it

You need to download the drivers - search google for either - download - run

and then MSN should find them

Still stuck - gimme a shout,

vengod;3696989

You need to download the drivers - search google for either - download - … You need to download the drivers - search google for either - download - run and then MSN should find themStill stuck - gimme a shout,

Thanks alot vengod :thumbsup:

Downloaded the drivers and hey presto I have got it working :-D:-D

Rep on its way to you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions