Groups

Infor required on diabetes machine checker

hi all,
    i am currently using a normal machine to test for diabetes which involves using needles.
    i have heard of digital ones something you strap around your hand however cannot find them on net. just called lloylds pharmacy and was told they dont do them. can some one suggest anything pls.
    thanks

2 Comments

It appears to be based on urine strip test, The monitors are free but the "disc" will have to be paid for.
    If you have to test regularly your doctor will give you a prescription for strips at a reduced price or even free depending on your circumstances.

tonyd19565;6067138

It appears to be based on urine strip test, The monitors are free but the … It appears to be based on urine strip test, The monitors are free but the "disc" will have to be paid for.If you have to test regularly your doctor will give you a prescription for strips at a reduced price or even free depending on your circumstances.

In England if you are diagnosed as Diabetic then all prescriptions will be free but they will usually only alow you to have the cheapest method of BG testing unless there is a medical reason for another one...
    Trying my luck I asked for the subdermal reader but a £10,000 the NHS wasn't willing to cough up.
    I didn't really expecta different answer for something so experimental.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions