Found 16th Feb 2010
I'm looking to get a psp cheap as possible

Just wondering what are the major pro's and cons (they seem to be a lot of revisions 1000, 2000,3000 1001 etc.)

Reason for buying looking to break time up between shifts + a few work friends have them would like link up play.

1. Misc
  2. PSP
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PSP
6 Comments

Very little difference between the 1st 3 models.

Model 1 = 1000 = Phat = ~ £45 2nd hand
Model 2 = 2000 = Slaim and Lite = ~ £65 2nd hand
Model 3 = 3000 = Slim and Bright = ~ £85 2nd hand
Model 4 = ? = PSP Go

used to buy & sell psps a bit on ebay a while back and i think from what i remember the 1000 2000 etc shows which "gen" they are then the number at the end ie 1001 1003 lets you know which region it is. (i think 1003 was uk). 1003 and 2003 were "phat old school psps nothing wrong at all with these abnd these would be the cheapest. then came the psp slim and now the psp go.

if you are just looking for something cheap to play with go for a 1003. just check what firmware it has on it (esp if you want to mess with custom firmware as youll need something that hasnt been updated much)

Original Poster

If I was to mess with firmware or buy one pre-messed with is thier any issues with link up play and wifi?

antony4462;7859110

If I was to mess with firmware or buy one pre-messed with is thier any … If I was to mess with firmware or buy one pre-messed with is thier any issues with link up play and wifi?

i dont know i only used to buy & sell ones with original firmware as heard too many storys about them getting bricked.

Original Poster

many thanks ppl rep added to all

Now to find a bargain

vinylandtrinkets;7859499

if memory serves me right psp 2000 is the easiest to " mess" around with. … if memory serves me right psp 2000 is the easiest to " mess" around with. both hubby and my son have this one, we've had no problem with the wifi or online gaming

No the 1000 is.
You can't access the playstation store with custom firmware(You do not need to acess the PSN store to play online though).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers33
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition61642
    3. Chat magazine issue 4323
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions