Inserting a new SIM card - will I lose data, etc?

Found 28th Sep 2017
I have got a new SIM turning up today (from the Chitter Chatter deal yesterday). I am currently with 3 (12 month SIM only deal has now finished). I have the instructions how to keep my current number when my new SIM (1 month contract, SIM only) turns up, but will I lose all my contacts, phone numbers, photos, etc, when I swap the SIM cards over, or will all of that information be saved on my phone? Thank you.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

depends how you saved it. Most likely it has been saved to a phone anyway...
take the sim out and check everything without it.

Depends were the number have been saved to it will be the phone or the old sim card. No photos will be on the sim they will be on your phone.

As others have said, if you saved contacts to sim, then yes. You can import all contacts from sim to phone memory through one of the options on the phone. Photos will be saved to your phone, not the sim. You will lose all text messages though as they are saved on the sim

You won't lose text messages, data or contacts unless you've specifically saved them to the SIM, which you'd know (or should know about) if you did.
Edited by: "bynouk" 28th Sep 2017

mattsk2 h, 38 m ago

depends how you saved it. Most likely it has been saved to a phone …depends how you saved it. Most likely it has been saved to a phone anyway...take the sim out and check everything without it.

I'd try that.

If you suddenly have no contacts, then they are on the SIM.

Texts these days aren't saved to the SIM by default either, but again, removing the SIM for a bit to see what's there will answer this.

chrishamblin1 h, 15 m ago

I'd try that.If you suddenly have no contacts, then they are on the …I'd try that.If you suddenly have no contacts, then they are on the SIM.Texts these days aren't saved to the SIM by default either, but again, removing the SIM for a bit to see what's there will answer this.

what phone do you have ?

If memory serves me right then contact names saved on sim would be restricted to about 15 characters. So if you have any above that then they are saved on the phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants