Groups

Inserting Ram

Anyone able to help on how to put new RAM into my pc?
    I bought the appropriate RAM from ebay which is 1GB but it comes in 2 pieces of 512MB.

Someone had advised me that all you do is unclip the old RAM and replace with the new - simple - however what about when u have 2?

Thanks guys,
    Carol x

13 Comments

Do exactly the same but make sure you put in the slots with the same colour

put one in one slot (the blue one) and the other in the slot next to it.
    simple

And if you are adding a thrid ram then the one you have currebtly put it in the DDR solt 3. You should see the slot labels above. use slot 1,2,3

Original Poster

Is it easy? Im going to attempt it now but scared to do it wrong and cant turn on my pc again lol... also it doesnt effect files stored on my pc doesnt it not??

google it and get your self a picture with instructions you wont go wrong then will you

Original Poster

om4r;4753506

And if you are adding a thrid ram then the one you have currebtly put it … And if you are adding a thrid ram then the one you have currebtly put it in the DDR solt 3. You should see the slot labels above. use slot 1,2,3

So I keep the old RAM in then? And add on top? So new ones in slot 1&2 & old in slot 3?

Original Poster

wickedteen;4753525

google it and get your self a picture with instructions you wont go wrong … google it and get your self a picture with instructions you wont go wrong then will you

ohh good idea

Yep thats it. Its coz when you have like a 1gb set they tend to work better in dual. so just to that and you shoud be fine and no it wont affect any of your pc files

if your old one is more than 512 then you leave it were it is and put the other two in the other slots, the highest is always first.

Original Poster

wish me luck guys lol - if im not back in an hour you know my pc has died lol

Original Poster

wickedteen;4753576

if your old one is more than 512 then you leave it were it is and put the … if your old one is more than 512 then you leave it were it is and put the other two in the other slots, the highest is always first.

Thanksfor that, its actually smaller so ill put the new ones on top slots,... okay so here i go...

Shall be back to update...........

dont touch the bottom of the chip, ie: the gold bits.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep added, im back with my super fast pc now hehe...only thing, theres only 2 slots in my system?? Not sure why!
    I installed the 2 new cards and so far so good. At first I was getting a strange beeping noise but it was because I wasnt clipping them in right.

Carol x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds44
      2. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?55
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save49

See more discussions