Inside Xbox - Red Dead Redemption receives 4K patch and 19 new OG titles added to BC catalogue

Found 11th Apr
So most of you will already know, but last night's Inside Xbox presentation from Microsoft announced some seriously fantastic news for Xbox One X owners, including the 4K enhancements for Red Dead Redemption, and my word, doesn't it look amazing?

Seriously, it really does look something else. I had a little ponder around Armadillo at 4am this morning after I'd read the news and it's just...beautiful

Also joining RDR with its Xbox One enhancements are

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Darksiders
  • Gears of War 2
  • Portal 2
  • Sonic Generations

2924281-2S73u.jpg
But that's not all. 19 titles were also announced for the OG Backwards Compatible programme, and these include

• Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind
  • Jade Empire
  • Breakdown
  • Conker Live and Reloaded
  • SSX3
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando
  • Mercenaries
  • Destroy All Humans!
  • MX Unleashed
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
Will watch if in the 4k telly later can't see much difference on the phone
Geez so you could buy the original Xbox 360 version, and it'll play like a remaster?!
Impressive stuff from MS, some good exclusives in there to.
Xbox truly is for the gamers..... they are a gift that keep giving... 6 new star wars BC - yes please...

RDR - the best just got better - for free...

If it wasn't for a awesomeness of the Nintendo Switch - Microsoft could pat itself on the back for being the choice of the gaming connoisseur.... but those with taste have two solid choices right now...

That being said Spiderman and God of war look awesome on Playstation... what a time to be alive....

SSX 3 on xbox one is the real headline for me though... easily one of my most played games of all time..

The soundtrack and DJ alone are worth the admission price...

Why is MX unleashed so expensive everywhere?? even before the BC tax is applied...

That and BF II (the only star wars title here I cant find in my collection) I will buy digital.. I own all the others I want (or at least got them cheap today in case of 4)...

Also... these enhanced games... do they look any better on the normal Xbox one?? or still normal 360 quality??
Edited by: "joanddan7" 11th Apr
superfreddy2 h, 11 m ago

Geez so you could buy the original Xbox 360 version, and it'll play like a …Geez so you could buy the original Xbox 360 version, and it'll play like a remaster?!

Yep

joanddan711 m ago

Xbox truly is for the gamers..... they are a gift that keep giving...

The 'in a nutshell' comment

joanddan711 m ago

Also... these enhanced games... do they look any better on the normal Xbox …Also... these enhanced games... do they look any better on the normal Xbox one?? or still normal 360 quality??

I think they do, yeah. But that's not down to the X enhancements they've been given, because AFAIK they don't even download on the S console. The slight increase in quality is down to the S console hardware as opposed to this patch. So RDR will look the same as it did last week, but still better than the OG One or the 360
I like that..."So RDR will look the same as it did last week".
I think that's the answer a lot of people are looking for.

Edit. Although I still have to install 582mb update. No idea why, I don't have an X.
Edited by: "jomarkwh" 11th Apr
Does the Xbox X upscale a lot on non 4K tv's? if there is not much diff I may get the cheaper Xbox S as I don't plan on buying a 4K tv
malnuman9 h, 25 m ago

Does the Xbox X upscale a lot on non 4K tv's? if there is not much …Does the Xbox X upscale a lot on non 4K tv's? if there is not much diff I may get the cheaper Xbox S as I don't plan on buying a 4K tv

Don’t bother unless you have 4K uhd.... the difference is barely noticeable. Same goes for ps pro...
Had a play on rdr lastnight and it looks so good in 4k, looking forward to playing it again before RDR2.
33623098-f0T7V.jpg
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 12th Apr
The BC engineers at MS are masterful, the BC program really is becoming a game changer/console seller.
Snakeyes64610 m ago

The BC engineers at MS are masterful, the BC program really is becoming a …The BC engineers at MS are masterful, the BC program really is becoming a game changer/console seller.

The best thing ever to happen to gaming was Mattrick and his xbox one launch comments like.... -

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360," says Mattrick.

Xbox punched themselves in the privates so many times on launch and when they were so far behind in sales they started to do good things and it really has been a blessing.... They made it easy to start with to shun xbox... but now they are making people pick up an xbox - I did it about a year and a half ago on black Friday and it was a great decision. I was barely playing playstation at the time... They just do so many things right...
Edited by: "joanddan7" 12th Apr
joanddan712 m ago

The best thing ever to happen to gaming was Mattrick and his xbox one …The best thing ever to happen to gaming was Mattrick and his xbox one launch comments like.... - "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360," says Mattrick.Xbox punched themselves in the privates so many times on launch and when they were so far behind in sales they started to do good things and it really has been a blessing.... They made it easy to start with to shun xbox... but now they are making people pick up an xbox - I did it about a year and a half ago on black Friday and it was a great decision. I was barely playing playstation at the time... They just do so many things right...

On a different note - NHL 18 is now available in the EA Access vault
joanddan712 m ago

The best thing ever to happen to gaming was Mattrick and his xbox one …The best thing ever to happen to gaming was Mattrick and his xbox one launch comments like.... - "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360," says Mattrick.Xbox punched themselves in the privates so many times on launch and when they were so far behind in sales they started to do good things and it really has been a blessing.... They made it easy to start with to shun xbox... but now they are making people pick up an xbox - I did it about a year and a half ago on black Friday and it was a great decision. I was barely playing playstation at the time... They just do so many things right...

Yeah they have definitely made some stupid decisions which put the xbox brand into a bad place (E3 xbox one announcement was a big one) but the last 2yr MS have really turned it round, I'd say the last year the turnaround has gone into hyper drive. .. roll on E3 where hopefully it's all about games.
BuzzDuraband5 m ago

On a different note - NHL 18 is now available in the EA Access vault

I got it in the 8quid glitch you posted and TBH haven’t got into it this year - it’s agreat game just for some reason it’s passed me by.

But I do LOVE the vault.......

EA also supporting the BC programme nicely.... SSX3 was a very pleasant surprise!
If shenmue 2 got the BC treatment and X enhancements it would sell consoles.
deleted1431257
@joanddan7

Polygon =

Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 10/10

PS4: God of War 10/10

Xbox One: “Enhanced”Gears of War 2 graphics, GaaS failure Sea of Thieves, and a Red Dead Redemption 4K patch
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 12th Apr
deleted143125712th Apr

@joanddan7Polygon =Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 10/10 PS4: God of War 10/10 …@joanddan7Polygon =Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 10/10 PS4: God of War 10/10 Xbox One: “Enhanced”Gears of War 2 graphics, GaaS failure Sea of Thieves, and a Red Dead Redemption 4K patch

fan boy by any chance
deleted143125712th Apr

@joanddan7Polygon =Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 10/10 PS4: God of War 10/10 …@joanddan7Polygon =Switch: Super Mario Odyssey 10/10 PS4: God of War 10/10 Xbox One: “Enhanced”Gears of War 2 graphics, GaaS failure Sea of Thieves, and a Red Dead Redemption 4K patch

good job I own all three...

what a time to be alive....

Why be a fan of just one...
Nothing political to see here mods....

move along
Xbox for the gamers, they are a gift that keeps giving.

Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One X - The 4K Remaster You've Been Waiting For! Digital Foundry
Edited by: "shasnir" 13th Apr
All the oXBOX games are the same supported on 360. Nothing that wasn't part of that BC push has been included yet. I hope Orta is free of the problems it had on 360. They must be using the same visor layer for these as the 360 stuff, would explain why they're all the same games.
Edited by: "Krooner" 14th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions