Installing Disney+ on Samsung TV? UPDATE - WORKING!

Posted 14th Nov
Now that I have Disney+ sub and the app working on phone, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of how to sideload the Disney+ app on Samsung TV? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
How’d you get it? Thought it was released in uk in March ?
Disney+ can only be installed on certain tv's according to bgr.com

Here's some blurb from their site:

First, there are three types of smart TVs that can stream Disney+ with their own apps, so they don’t need any additional streaming media players:

• LG TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0 or later
  • Samsung TVs from 2016 or later (with HD video support) that use the Tizen operating system
  • Certain Android TVs
You can sideload but then your TV will only be able to use USA apps so no iPlayer, 4OD if you use them.

Best bet is to get a 4K stick and install there. If you have an Xbox it's also beyond easy to install the app on that literally "purchase" on the Microsoft site and it installs.
Edited by: "Personator1234" 14th Nov
psychedelicrenegade14/11/2019 22:29

Disney+ can only be installed on certain tv's according to bgr.comHere's …Disney+ can only be installed on certain tv's according to bgr.comHere's some blurb from their site:First, there are three types of smart TVs that can stream Disney+ with their own apps, so they don’t need any additional streaming media players:LG TVs from 2016 or later with WebOS 3.0 or laterSamsung TVs from 2016 or later (with HD video support) that use the Tizen operating systemCertain Android TVs

Yup my Samsung is post 2016 and 4K! Thanks

Personator123414/11/2019 22:33

You can sideload but then your TV will only be able to use USA apps so no …You can sideload but then your TV will only be able to use USA apps so no iPlayer, 4OD if you use them.Best bet is to get a 4K stick and install there. If you have an Xbox it's also beyond easy to install the app on that literally "purchase" on the Microsoft site and it installs.

Damn I got Xbox One, gonna try it! Cheers
Personator123414/11/2019 22:33

You can sideload but then your TV will only be able to use USA apps so no …You can sideload but then your TV will only be able to use USA apps so no iPlayer, 4OD if you use them.Best bet is to get a 4K stick and install there. If you have an Xbox it's also beyond easy to install the app on that literally "purchase" on the Microsoft site and it installs.

I’m guessing you still have to use a vpn when install on your Xbox?
AndyWalker8514/11/2019 22:55

The phone app appears to need a vpn on and off at the moment. It seems like it logs that you're ok for a set ammount of time but a few hours later you need to relog on again with a vpn or it won't work...strange

Unsure how I'd set up a vpn on my Xbox tbh, only thing I can think is perhaps changing its region may work? Or maybe connecting through a proxy server?
Edited by: "Maverick77" 14th Nov
AndyWalker8514/11/2019 22:55

My Asus router does per device VPN
Maverick7714/11/2019 23:57

The phone app appears to need a vpn on and off at the moment. It seems …The phone app appears to need a vpn on and off at the moment. It seems like it logs that you're ok for a set ammount of time but a few hours later you need to relog on again with a vpn or it won't work...strange Unsure how I'd set up a vpn on my Xbox tbh, only thing I can think is perhaps changing its region may work? Or maybe connecting through a proxy server?

Disney + Xbox Link

To get the app sign in then install it and it will go on the xbox automatically.

Actually watching the content is another thing though your need a VPN to watch.
Personator123415/11/2019 07:43

Disney + Xbox LinkTo get the app sign in then install it and it will go on …Disney + Xbox LinkTo get the app sign in then install it and it will go on the xbox automatically.Actually watching the content is another thing though your need a VPN to watch.

I thought as much, ok if you can automatically set your router to use a vpn I guess
Maverick7715/11/2019 07:49

I thought as much, ok if you can automatically set your router to use a …I thought as much, ok if you can automatically set your router to use a vpn I guess

Another way to watch is a DNS service - well worth a google
Personator123415/11/2019 15:44

Another way to watch is a DNS service - well worth a google

Yeh I meant that but typed proxy for some reason. I used to use DNS on Samsung TV back in the day to watch American Netflix

Good call!
OMG! Got Disney+ working flawlessly on my Samsung 50MU6120.

Took max 15 mins. Found tutorial on YT to change region for entire TV/app store.

Downloaded Disney+ but got the usual "region" error. Then used a DNS proxy and selected the country as USA. Restarted TV and it loaded and worked immediately! Plays everything and my word is the 4K bitrate DEFINITELY higher than Netflix and Amazon.
ShishaGod15/11/2019 21:03

OMG! Got Disney+ working flawlessly on my Samsung 50MU6120.Took max 15 …OMG! Got Disney+ working flawlessly on my Samsung 50MU6120.Took max 15 mins. Found tutorial on YT to change region for entire TV/app store.Downloaded Disney+ but got the usual "region" error. Then used a DNS proxy and selected the country as USA. Restarted TV and it loaded and worked immediately! Plays everything and my word is the 4K bitrate DEFINITELY higher than Netflix and Amazon.

How’s the dns proxy work mate?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants