Groups

Installing El Capitan on latest VMWare under Windows 10

Banned
    As title, how? I've tried creating a bootable USB using TransMac but it didn't work, tried several other methods, but surely there has to be an easier way.

Tried most, if not all of the methods I could search for on Google, including one which had me download a file that changes a drop down option in VMWare to enable booting from an ISO of El Capitan.

Any one care to walk me through it?

Cheers

4 Comments

According to this link youtube.com/wat…nAU you have to have VMware installed and do it from El Captain OS itself. See how it goes and let me know if it works.

done this myself only last week...a bit of trial and error but the thread linked below definitely works, downside is you will need access to a Mac to download the El Capitan installer from Mac app store and create a modified image.or I guess you could get the installer from "other sources" but you'll still need access to a Mac to run the script that creates the modified El Capitan install DMG.

insanelymac.com/for…e-1

follow the guide in post one using the media creation script in post 2
    If you don't have access to a Mac it can also be done by obtaining and installing Mountain Lion (this will boot and install in a virtual environment using the stock installer ISO) and then downloading and modifying the El Capitan installer using the working Mountain Lion Virtual machine.

I have El Capitan running in ESXi 6 on a Win 2012 R2 server

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/uridium26/Capture4_zpsctngcm1k.png

All of the above is only legal remember if you actually own a Mac as this gives you the OS license. and you can only legally use your real Mac or the Virtual Mac at any one time.
    (just to clear up and piracy concerns ;-) )

Edited by: "Uridium" 21st Aug 2016

Original Poster Banned

No access to a Mac so I guess I'll give the Mountain Lion method a try. Cheers for the input.

Original Poster Banned

Still having trouble even after following the guide word for word.

Fails to find the boot media even though I'm using the converted dmg > ISO

Meh, feck it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware37
      2. Bathroom suites12
      3. Unfair Dismissal22
      4. Ap on iPhone ios1144

See more discussions