Found 26th Feb 2009
Is bank transfer from natwest to either nationwide or barclays instant?
cheers
jack

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

no, takes a few days

Original Poster

Damn okay
I

three working days if you do it tonight it counts as done friday and won't arrive til tues, unless its on afster payment schedule and will then arrive by monday.

sorry! Unless you go into your bank and pay cash into the other accounts?

Original Poster

Yeahh thats what im going to do.. buying a phone but need it buy saturday.. so im gonna go into barclays and pay the money over the counter into the account

spikeyjacko;4499759

Yeahh thats what im going to do.. buying a phone but need it buy … Yeahh thats what im going to do.. buying a phone but need it buy saturday.. so im gonna go into barclays and pay the money over the counter into the account

:thumbsup:Glad I could help!

I think they are wrong above - barclays are part of the new system that allows instant transfers with other major banks (well, with several mins) . Aren't Natwest part of that system too..?

Never heard of that before?

yea and nationwide, takes hours now to send money in between banks

nationwide.co.uk/fas…htm

and the 'hours' they quote is just to cover themselves I think. In the dozen or more cases where people have sent me money from other bank accounts (non Barclays) in the last few months, the cash has shown in my account within a few minutes...

You are all right, the faster payment system has been running for a year now but it depends on how you send it, many online banking systems are not linked as they have not updated the software and some bank tellers still don't process it as a faster payment.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1423
    2. Money Saving Tips...2342
    3. Which wall design do you like best?1012
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313898

See more discussions