Insulated summer house

Posted 3rd Aug
I'm looking to buy a 10' X 8' summer house/office for the garden. I'm hoping it's something I can use both in winter and summer. Most of the ones I've seen don't appear to be insulated although I know some people DIY the insulation afterwards. Doesbanyone know of companies that supply and install these with insulation? My budget is 2.5 k and I want something that will last. Also anyone who has purchased similar - would appreciate feedback.
Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
I’m currently looking for the same thing, if I find owt, I’ll let you know
tbh £2.5k probably isn't enough.

Look at sips builds. plenty of examples on youtube
I've been getting a stack of emails from Wayfair about summer houses and cabins (link below). Even at the high end of the price none of them have any insulation! At the size you're looking at they go from £1000, so you could fit the insulation yourself for less than the £1500 you have left.
I have no idea on the quality of their stuff.
I saw a couple of insulated on in M&S last summer, but for the size you want the cost was around 8 grand!

wayfair.co.uk/gar…tml
That's why they're called summer houses?

Have you tried other terms such as garden room?
EndlessWaves04/08/2020 10:42

That's why they're called summer houses?Have you tried other terms such as …That's why they're called summer houses?Have you tried other terms such as garden room?

yes
Doug_06/08/2020 20:37

Some links I've come across, www.sheds.co.uk www.tigersheds.com …Some links I've come across, www.sheds.co.uk www.tigersheds.com www.theshedcentre.com www.very.co.uk/home-garden/garden-buildings www.ebay.co.uk/str/pinelapsheds/Summerhouses/_i.html?_storecat=4324301015 www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.uk

ThanK you
also look on the costco wbebsite as I know when they have offers their prices are hard to beat.
Here's an insight into how much work will be needed, but it is possible to do it in your budget

lukespear.co.uk/blo…up/
GlitchFace07/08/2020 14:00

Here's an insight into how much work will be needed, but it is possible to …Here's an insight into how much work will be needed, but it is possible to do it in your budgethttps://lukespear.co.uk/blog/self-build-garden-office-diy-full-write-up/

Brilliant Very interesting thank you
GlitchFace07/08/2020 14:00

Here's an insight into how much work will be needed, but it is possible to …Here's an insight into how much work will be needed, but it is possible to do it in your budgethttps://lukespear.co.uk/blog/self-build-garden-office-diy-full-write-up/

I was reading this the other day actually, and I always thought my garden was plenty big enough, until I read it, then my garden became so small
Post a comment
@
    Text