Insurance for OnePlus Devices?

Found 18th Jun 2016
So I'm considering to get the OnePlus Three but after the fiasco with my S6 Edge and going down the toilet and submitting an insurance claim, I want insurance.

I'm just wondering what company everyone insures with for OnePlus devices?
Community Updates
9 Comments
I have my insurance through my bank Lloyds bank and my missus dropped her Nexus 5 down the loo and they replaced it without a fuss
spencer24

I have my insurance through my bank Lloyds bank and my missus dropped her … I have my insurance through my bank Lloyds bank and my missus dropped her Nexus 5 down the loo and they replaced it without a fuss

I mean insurance wise I'd have my "go to" but the one I'm with and any others don't officially list the OnePlus.
Phone insurance and Chinese imports not usually a winning combination I've found.
But as they are so cheap it's an acceptable risk
Qrunch

Phone insurance and Chinese imports not usually a winning combination … Phone insurance and Chinese imports not usually a winning combination I've found. But as they are so cheap it's an acceptable risk

OnePlus aren't Chinese imports, officially sold in the UK and can even get them on Amazon Now within an hour now.
OnePlus devices nowadays have an insurance option post-purchase. When I got my OnePlus X towards the end of last year, UK users were able to buy insurance through On-Guard insurance. I assume they will have a similar announcement for the OP3.
M0nk3h

I mean insurance wise I'd have my "go to" but the one I'm with and any … I mean insurance wise I'd have my "go to" but the one I'm with and any others don't officially list the OnePlus.

​I'd give them a ring I'm sure they will insure it
M0nk3h

I mean insurance wise I'd have my "go to" but the one I'm with and any … I mean insurance wise I'd have my "go to" but the one I'm with and any others don't officially list the OnePlus.

Have you actually contacted your 'go-to' insurers and asked?
0racle

OnePlus devices nowadays have an insurance option post-purchase. When I … OnePlus devices nowadays have an insurance option post-purchase. When I got my OnePlus X towards the end of last year, UK users were able to buy insurance through On-Guard insurance. I assume they will have a similar announcement for the OP3.

I noticed that when I went through to try and buy it but no option was listed - it was there on the US site but on the UK site there was no option to insure it.

spencer24

​I'd give them a ring I'm sure they will insure it

ipswich78

Have you actually contacted your 'go-to' insurers and asked?

There's an option I've found to specify a phone not on the list but I have to state the value of the phone. My S6 Edge is bizarrely valued at £850 by themselves (not me) as for this phone, I wouldn't know what to put.
M0nk3h

I noticed that when I went through to try and buy it but no option was … I noticed that when I went through to try and buy it but no option was listed - it was there on the US site but on the UK site there was no option to insure it.There's an option I've found to specify a phone not on the list but I have to state the value of the phone. My S6 Edge is bizarrely valued at £850 by themselves (not me) as for this phone, I wouldn't know what to put.

Geez, i'm astounded by some people on this site. You don't know how to value the phone? IF you bought it brand new recently that is the cost, if you didn't buy it brand new go and see how much it costs.

It generally doesn't matter what you put cost wise as the insurers will not pay more than it's worth - depending on your policy it could be a brand new replacement OR money allowing for depreciation.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants