Insurance, lease, PCP

Found 7th Jan
Hi guys,

I need some advice, so my insurance unfortunately got voided by a diamond. cut the story short, had a crash they were willing to pay me out. but then they asked for some proof of residence which i could not provide due to a fall out with uncle in previous residence.

Anyway, my question...

i am 27 years old obtained license in december 2014. dont live in a great area hence insurances prices are high. but even if i am trying to insure a small engine car 1.2 with low mileage i am getting insured at over 2300 anywhere.
do i nees to declare the void insurance . are there any PCP or lease deals with insurance that would come under 150 pound a month?

i would really appreciate if someone could aid me in this predicament.

thank you 😊
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
26 Comments
Are you saying then that you had an accident but the insurance company refused to pay out because you could not provide proof of residence? If so, I think you have to declare that. It has come up on every insurance form I have ever completed. I've never had a car on pcp, but expecting a car and insurance for £50 a month less than just the insurance might be a tough ask.
You will be asked the question you have to answer it honestly or you will be in even more bother.
You should be able to prove the residence by the electoral role. Or any bank statement/ bill sent to that address.

As for a car with insurance for less than £150 a month you have no chance if you have had insurance cancelled in the past.
as above, so your insurance is £2300 minimum but you expect a deal for car+insurance for £1800 a year?

wishful thinking. good luck getting insurance for the rest of your life as you WILL have to declare it. it will have been recorded on the insurance database.
insurers use a system called Hunter... they will know youve had a claim AND that youve had a policy voided.

youre not going to get it cheap, probably ever unfortunately. Decline telling them and they will decline you again and add extra flags.

Sounds like you insured the car at a cheaper location than you live at to reduce premiums and the insurers called you out on it ?
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 7th Jan
So you defrauded your insurance by providing a false address to obtain a lower insurance quote , then still drove like an idiot and got involved in an accident ?

Your "Uncle " then I presume, quite naturally , didn't want to be associated with your fraudulent claim so told the company your "real" address . Hence your claim was refused and you were lucky not to end up in prison for insurance fraud .

Now you are asking how to get another car and insurance on the cheap - even willing to commit further fraud to get this
Sorry there is just one way round this . Be honest (sounds like that may be difficult for you !) - Get a small car and be honest when trying to get it insured . It'll cost you a fortune for the first 5 or 6 years , but should get better after that .

I would have thought you would have learnt your lesson , seems sadly not so . Learn it fast or you won't just be without a car you will be without your freedom -full stop .
Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Jan
rogparki1 h, 20 m ago

So you defrauded your insurance by providing a false address to obtain a …So you defrauded your insurance by providing a false address to obtain a lower insurance quote , then still drove like an idiot and got involved in an accident ?Your "Uncle " then I presume, quite naturally , didn't want to be associated with your fraudulent claim so told the company your "real" address . Hence your claim was refused and you were lucky not to end up in prison for insurance fraud .Now you are asking how to get another car and insurance on the cheap - even willing to commit further fraud to get this Sorry there is just one way round this . Be honest (sounds like that may be difficult for you !) - Get a small car and be honest when trying to get it insured . It'll cost you a fortune for the first 5 or 6 years , but should get better after that .I would have thought you would have learnt your lesson , seems sadly not so . Learn it fast or you won't just be without a car you will be without your freedom -full stop .

Doubt he'll go to prison over a void insurance claim LOL
Ioa14 m ago

Doubt he'll go to prison over a void insurance claim LOL

Defrauding insurance x2 , thereby driving without insurance (I guess multiple times ) ! Not a lot to "LOL " about there - very juvenile to even think its funny or wouldn't end in jail time
Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Jan
rogparki11 m ago

Defrauding insurance x2 , thereby driving without insurance (I guess …Defrauding insurance x2 , thereby driving without insurance (I guess multiple times ) ! Not a lot to "LOL " about there - very juvenile to even think its funny or wouldn't end in jail time

I really doubt they will send him to prison, but yes it is stupid. Let's hope he learns his lesson. I'm guessing he is a teenager but eventually I'm sure he will.
Ioa2 h, 35 m ago

I really doubt they will send him to prison, but yes it is stupid. Let's …I really doubt they will send him to prison, but yes it is stupid. Let's hope he learns his lesson. I'm guessing he is a teenager but eventually I'm sure he will.

No it says his 27 in the original post.
rogparki7 h, 10 m ago

So you defrauded your insurance by providing a false address to obtain a …So you defrauded your insurance by providing a false address to obtain a lower insurance quote , then still drove like an idiot and got involved in an accident ?Your "Uncle " then I presume, quite naturally , didn't want to be associated with your fraudulent claim so told the company your "real" address . Hence your claim was refused and you were lucky not to end up in prison for insurance fraud .Now you are asking how to get another car and insurance on the cheap - even willing to commit further fraud to get this Sorry there is just one way round this . Be honest (sounds like that may be difficult for you !) - Get a small car and be honest when trying to get it insured . It'll cost you a fortune for the first 5 or 6 years , but should get better after that .I would have thought you would have learnt your lesson , seems sadly not so . Learn it fast or you won't just be without a car you will be without your freedom -full stop .

Lmao so you are judging me a criminal due to a voided insurance and furthermore, implying that i have defrauded the system. When you know nothing about me or the situation . Says a lot about you.

Just to clarify, not that i need to. I was living at an uncles house as i was his carer after his wife had passed away. At this time my insurance was due for renewal and therefore i had asked my insurance company, which i was with for a year already to see what the quote is for my current residence.

The quote came out cheap for my audi therefore i was happy with . The company did not ask for any proof and Therefore i did not find the need to provide it.

4 months down the line i am driving and i had an accident. Mind you people dont always have accidents because they are driving like drunken idiots. It was a mechanical fault in the car, the police confirmed so.

Now me and my uncle yes relative ( i dont think you have relatives with that attitude )
Has a son that came to take him away and take care of him ended up in a slight bit of a tiff due to personal reasons and when they asked for proof i was not able to obtain that.
Therefore insurance got cancelled..

Now, yes i was paying 1100 pounds for an audi 1.9fsi so i was quite a happy man . Now that i have sold the car and have tried to see insurance prices for similar and lower end cars i cannot find any lower than my budget atm 2300 pounds and over are the only options.

I did speak to my insurance company and i asked if i have to declare the insurance they told me that only the same company will have this information and Diamond will mot insure me again but others will . So i was confirming with the community if there is any truth in me being able to get a policy without declaring cancelled insurance.

Before judgemental self righteous t***s like you jump in and talk me in a condescending manner. Id appreciate if you look at yourself now and then . People have faults learn too embrace them. This whole thing could have been avoided and represented in a pleasant way. Anyway, go climb up your grumpy hole. Thank you very much for your lovely advice 😙
Edited by: "zubairakhtar37" 8th Jan
mrwhitelabel7 h, 14 m ago

insurers use a system called Hunter... they will know youve had a claim …insurers use a system called Hunter... they will know youve had a claim AND that youve had a policy voided.youre not going to get it cheap, probably ever unfortunately. Decline telling them and they will decline you again and add extra flags.Sounds like you insured the car at a cheaper location than you live at to reduce premiums and the insurers called you out on it ?

No i was actually living their for a significant amount of time
zubairakhtar371 h, 31 m ago

No i was actually living their for a significant amount of time

Surely you should have your own proof then, such as bank statement etc.? I wonder if this may well have flagged the insurers as they link to DVLA and so did you not tell them? From GOV.UK:

You must tell DVLA when your address changes so your driving licence, vehicle log book (V5C) and vehicle tax are up to date.

This includes if you’re temporarily moving home (if you’re going to university, for example).

It doesn’t cost anything to change your address with DVLA.

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA when your address changes.
If that was your main residence, you should at the very least appear on the electoral roll. If you don't and you can't provide other evidence you live there, you have to see that the insurance company will void the policy. If they didn't, we could all claim to live in the safest area in the country. Whether you were trying to pull a fast one and it backfired or you honestly thought you were covered, the damage is done now. Hope you can find a deal
They should not pay you out . You can’t insure your car in a nice area where you uncle lives as your area is a bad area . That’s illegal. And voids the insurance. It’s people like you that put insurance policies up . Once you have moved you need to inform them .
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 8th Jan
yozzman12341 h, 28 m ago

They should not pay you out . You can’t insure your car in a nice area w …They should not pay you out . You can’t insure your car in a nice area where you uncle lives as your area is a bad area . That’s illegal. And voids the insurance. It’s people like you that put insurance policies up . Once you have moved you need to inform them .

I did not say anything they did was wrong i accept my mistake.
without getting into the judgemental finger pointing which some people seem to have done in this thread. you must declare everything to the insurer as they have a database of activities which they share with each other, so it won't take them long to find out anything about your previous insurance history.

place of residence is also very easy to ascertain if they can bother to look into it, so if you say that you live some where, you better have the paper work to back it up.

in this day of technology, information like that is not hard to come by.
I done a lot of looking around for my insurance and here’s a few tips

I went with admiral as I found out there Cheapest

Try these some maybe a bit risky but Work

When selecting your employment try different jobs as each job reduces its by a lot

Don’t go through a compare site as I found out the exact same deal is more expensive through compare sites

Do you as the main driver and add your Mum or Dad on as a named driver just make sure you can prove they can use the car

Add more than one named driver to bring it down more

Add a black box to monitor your driving
Edited by: "ashmac" 9th Jan
PCP/Lease deals do not include insurance - insurance is solely down to you; and you will also need GAP insurance - especially as you seem to be something of an accident risk....
Edited by: "Splodger101" 9th Jan
ashmac2 h, 22 m ago

I done a lot of looking around for my insurance and here’s a few tipsI w …I done a lot of looking around for my insurance and here’s a few tipsI went with admiral as I found out there Cheapest Try these some maybe a bit risky but Work When selecting your employment try different jobs as each job reduces its by a lot Don’t go through a compare site as I found out the exact same deal is more expensive through compare sites Do you as the main driver and add your Mum or Dad on as a named driver just make sure you can prove they can use the car Add more than one named driver to bring it down moreAdd a black box to monitor your driving

Thank you so much i appreciate this advice will definitely take into consideration
Splodger1011 h, 45 m ago

PCP/Lease deals do not include insurance - insurance is solely down to …PCP/Lease deals do not include insurance - insurance is solely down to you; and you will also need GAP insurance - especially as you seem to be something of an accident risk....

Cheers pal
Oh dear you could be done for not having valid insurance if the police decide to get involved, happened to someone locally to us this last week derbyshiretimes.co.uk/new…585
ashmac9th Jan

Add a black box to monitor your driving

I tried this on my insurance, made a difference of about a tenner a year.

Also try fully comp insurance it was half of that for what tp or tpft was.

I found the sweet point for voluntary excess was £200, any more or less and the price went up.

Don't assume that garaging it will be cheaper, when I was quote shopping it went up by about £200.

Insurance is weird a 1.6 8v Astra would have cost me around £1600, but get a quote for a 2 litre 180bhp Peugeot 206 just over £1k not everything you think is going to be cheap/expensive to insure is.

I still ended up paying £880 for a 1.4 206 fully comp.

Also got a breakdown policy on Groupon and for an extra £5 I could insure my excess to a max of £500 so if I do have to claim on my car insurance I can then get the excess back.
harlzter39 m ago

I tried this on my insurance, made a difference of about a tenner a …I tried this on my insurance, made a difference of about a tenner a year.Also try fully comp insurance it was half of that for what tp or tpft was.I found the sweet point for voluntary excess was £200, any more or less and the price went up.Don't assume that garaging it will be cheaper, when I was quote shopping it went up by about £200.Insurance is weird a 1.6 8v Astra would have cost me around £1600, but get a quote for a 2 litre 180bhp Peugeot 206 just over £1k not everything you think is going to be cheap/expensive to insure is.I still ended up paying £880 for a 1.4 206 fully comp.Also got a breakdown policy on Groupon and for an extra £5 I could insure my excess to a max of £500 so if I do have to claim on my car insurance I can then get the excess back.

Same I’m paying for focus sport 1.6
ashmac29 m ago

Same I’m paying for focus sport 1.6

Mines as a new licence holder though (under a week when I took the policy out), but a mature driver - I arrived late to the driving cars game at 41 to my shame, always had 2 wheels before now but my back is telling me it needs more comfort and im having trouble getting my leg over these days.
Splodger1019th Jan

PCP/Lease deals do not include insurance - insurance is solely down to …PCP/Lease deals do not include insurance - insurance is solely down to you; and you will also need GAP insurance - especially as you seem to be something of an accident risk....

Rubbish statement. Some include insurance, example being Citroen where inclusive insurance is standard on its PCP offerings info.citroen.co.uk/off…er/ obviously subject to t&c but it's still inclusive for those that qualify.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants