Groups
    EXPIRED

Insurance To Reduce Car Hire Excess

I was reading in the Enterprise post the other day about the cost to reduce excess on hire cars. With Enterprise its £10/day to reduce it from £600 to £100 i think. I'm hiring the car for four days and reducing the excess will almost double the rental price (i know i dont have to, but its for piece of mind)...is it possible to get insurance with a company that will do the same and avoid Enterprises costs. I hire a car about 3/4 times a year so going this route could save quite a bit possibly.

6 Comments

I also use Enterprise about 3 times a year as I have always found them the cheapest and nearest to me. The extra to reduce the excess at mine is £5 a day though I have never taken it , always just risk it.

Original Poster

just found this insurance for 39.99 annual, not sure what happens if you completely right off the car (god forbid) - quidco is £13
    Edited by: "steveuk" 27th Jan 2011

Original Poster

dc7911

I also use Enterprise about 3 times a year as I have always found them … I also use Enterprise about 3 times a year as I have always found them the cheapest and nearest to me. The extra to reduce the excess at mine is £5 a day though I have never taken it , always just risk it.

ive got about 1500 miles to drive, its not so much that im worried by me hitting something, its about someone hitting me, or doing a hit n run whilst im parked up

I agree it is a risk and never say never thats just me, the link above looks good although I would just check its kosha with the rental company first.

I think this insurance is a must. If you ask the rental companies, they can never tell you the full details about the deals available at your location insurance wise because this is a massive profit centre for the outlet.

It is a rip off and stand alone is the way to go.

insurance4carhire.com/ind…F6w

I have used this company for several years, 20% of the worldwide policy with quidco
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions