Integrated combined washer/dryer, advice

Posted 7th Dec 2019Edited by:"sidhoooooo"
Hi All, having kitchen remodelled and would like to get an integrated washer/dryer, have seperates at the moment, so would like to hear your experiences? are they reliable?, planning on using the saved space for a dish washer
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
It probably depends on how much washing you do? We are a family of 5, so seperates are much easier as we often have both in use at the same time. We stack our machines. Washing machine below, piece of off cut carpet on top of the washer and the tumble dryer on top, works really well.

If you only have small amounts of washing, or a small kitchen, integrated may well be more aesthetically pleasing!
Edited by: "MikeCumbria" 7th Dec 2019
Far more unreliable than separates and if the washing machine develops a fault, then you lose your dryer too
Most definitely keep different, dryer will run for ages on combo.
it is unusual for an integrated washing machine as they rock quite a bit during the spin cycle so this may disturb the kitchen units and worktop over time.

i see integrated dishwashers quite often. i don't think i have ever seen an integrated washing machine. it would be better to get an integrated dishwasher and a free standing washing machine.
Had a combi washer/dryer for years was always warned against them .. love mine Candy at that .. never had a problem with it
Thanks for all the insight folks, we are tight on space, if we even go for a slimline dishwasher it's a household of 2 adults 2 kids, my main concern, as has been commented on is reliability,
Definitely separate. Washer/dryers are notoriously unreliable, the drying performance extremely poor and very inefficient. Maybe get a separate condenser or better still a heatpump dryer and locate it elsewhere if not enough room etc..
Washer dryers are not very efficient as the whole drum has to be dried as well as the clothes . Also the drying loads are often a third less than the washer loads, so what do you do ? A full wash load and take some out to use the drier or just wash a small load so you can dry it ?
Don't you have a sink to do the dishes ?
Edited by: "yorkie12" 7th Dec 2019
mutley107/12/2019 15:00

it is unusual for an integrated washing machine as they rock quite a bit …it is unusual for an integrated washing machine as they rock quite a bit during the spin cycle so this may disturb the kitchen units and worktop over time. i see integrated dishwashers quite often. i don't think i have ever seen an integrated washing machine. it would be better to get an integrated dishwasher and a free standing washing machine.

I have an intergrated washing machine and its great, no rocking of my units.

I had a combi one in my last house and never again. They break down a lot and don't last as long.
The other issue which I found weird is you have to remove some of the clothes after a wash as they don't dry the amout you can wash at once.
markvirgo07/12/2019 16:43

I have an intergrated washing machine and its great, no rocking of my …I have an intergrated washing machine and its great, no rocking of my units. I had a combi one in my last house and never again. They break down a lot and don't last as long. The other issue which I found weird is you have to remove some of the clothes after a wash as they don't dry the amout you can wash at once.

i have had a few hoover washer dryer and i never found the dryer to be any good on them. it dries the clothes a little bit but never fully dry, so you still need to hang the washing out anyway. they cost more than a washing machine so i have stopped buying them as i don't think it is value and i find that the washing is pretty dry anyway after it has been bashed about in the spin cycle of the better washing machines.
We've got an AEG washer dryer and the dryer on it is decent. Everyone said it'd be garbage but it dries our stuff and doesn't take 5 hours like I was told. It washes 9 and dries 6kg and is really quiet for both. With the old Hotpoint we had to close the kitchen & lounge doors every time we had it on. No need with this one.
Thanks for all the thoughts and will G for just the integrated washing machine, and consider something else for the drying

@Danze1984 out of curiosity which model do you have
sidhoooooo08/12/2019 11:27

Thanks for all the thoughts and will G for just the integrated washing …Thanks for all the thoughts and will G for just the integrated washing machine, and consider something else for the drying@Danze1984 out of curiosity which model do you have

L7WEE965R. I know they do integrated versions from when I was looking at the one I bought.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions