Expired

Integrated Washing Machines - What are you guys using?

Found 30th Jan 2014
Ok so in the quest of getting a nice looking minimalist kitchen, I didn't envision the limited choice or somewhat hiked costs involved for having a nice washing machine

Looking around, I'm in new territory as the prices vs makes avble are vastly differently to the stand alone units. Used to having a long warranty as default, but seems not the case on integrated

Never had a Beko or Indersit, but they seem to be in £300 range...Hoover, Hotpoint and Smeg creep in around £400 upwards and AEG, Electrolux and Zanussi £500+

All seem to be 1 year warrantys, think Beko is 2 years on some stuff - not a brand snob, but i don't want anything unreliable really as will be pain to shift in/out too.

Saw the Which guide and AEG seems to be high on list, but at £500odd with 1yr warranty...not really cheap

What are you guys running with success/how long have you had and what did you pay! also....any i should super stay clear of?

Need to get within next few weeks! Thanks in Advance!

6 Comments

we are year into sme g we146s integrated washer dryer. all good. washes and dries in one run if you want, self clean.

I wouldn't recommend a Washer/Dryer as they are the most unreliable machines.
However, if you had too, Beko are a very good, reasonably priced brand. There products do last quite long (have a Washing Machine that works perfect, relative has fridge which is top notch).

I wouldn't touch indersit, generally poor products being Hotpoint's B company.

If you have the space and money, LG make great WM (presumably good Washer Dryers). They are usually the most energy efficient so you'll save money on your electric over the long run.

Russell Hobbs RH1042SW 5kg 1000 Spin Freestanding Washing Machine
Price: £187.00 at ASDA
It got 5 stars from 8 people And it has a 2 year warranty
I bought a Russel Hobbs dishwasher 12 months ago - imo its an exact copy of bosch, except its better.
Dont bother with Which unless you have money to burn.

Edited by: "foes4you" 30th Jan 2014

How about a black free standing beko, looks smart.

Original Poster

Thanks for input guys, no washer/dryer needed mind...just after a washing machine with overpriced front shell and shortened bottom ends

Free-standing wont work for the kitchen design but wish i had gone for slightly deeper units to house a stock free stander will need to remember that in 15yrs time

I'm drawn to a good Smeg, but that's prob more subconscious as loved Red Dwarf and there 'visible' range of things looks so damn cool

I'm gonna skip the indersit and Beko ranges (This takes me into £400-500 range....OUCH!) and plunge for one of the following:

HOOVER HWB814DN1 Integrated Washing Machine
Capacity: 8 kg
Spin speed: 1400 rpm
Quick wash time: 14 minutes
Energy rating: A+
One-year manufacturer’s warranty
£389.00

SMEG WMI12C7 Integrated Washing Machine
Capacity: 7 kg
Spin speed: 1200 rpm
Quick Wash
Daily wash time: 150 minutes
Energy rating: A
£410.00

HOTPOINT BHWMD742 Integrated Washing Machine
Spin Speed: 1400 rpm
Half Load
Daily wash time: 145 minutes
Energy Rating: A++
£429.99

WHIRLPOOL AWO/C 0714 Integrated Washing Machine
Spin speed: 1400 rpm
Half Load & Quick Wash
Daily wash time: 240 minutes
Energy rating: A+++
£429.99

ZANUSSI ZWI71201WA Integrated Washing Machine
Quick Wash
Daily wash time: 149 minutes
Energy rating: A++
£433.00

BELLING IWM7KG Integrated Washing Machine
Half Load & Quick Wash
Energy rating: A+
£449.00

ZANUSSI ZWI71401WA Integrated Washing Machine - White
Spin Speed: 1400 rpm
Quick Wash
Daily wash time: 149 minutes
Energy Rating: A
£491.00

ELECTROLUX EWG127410W Integrated Washing Machine
Daily wash time: 180 minutes
Energy rating: A
£495.00

AEG L61271BI Integrated Washing Machine
Spin Speed: 1200 rpm
Quick Wash
Daily wash time: 180 minutes
Energy Rating: A
£553.00

This will be a painful purchase eitherway, but does anyone use any of these models?

Original Poster

Just going to update on this as saved £££s

Ended up getting a ELECTROLUX EWX147410W Integrated Washer Dryer

I know frowned upon being a combi, but the retail on these are £661 (Currys) and I managed to bag it at a Wickes Clearance Store for £200! Its a ex-showroom display one, but practically brand new with all stickers etc and fully tested before sold and that - comes with 6mths wickes warranty, but advised can still register it for the manufacture warranty too (2years)

They have a heap of integrated bits so well worth a gander!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions