Groups
    EXPIRED

Intel HD 4000

Hello , I bought recently an Asus laptop with i5, 4gb ram , and intel hd 4000 graphics
    I've tried to play cs 1.6 and i had 20-30 fps !
    I searched and found that it's not suitable for gaming
    is there any way that i can replace, upgrade, or change this graphic card to a better one ????

10 Comments

No, 99% of laptops are unable to be user upgraded in terms of their graphics performance. If you wanted it for gaming why didn't you check before you made the purchase that it would play CS?

HD4000 isn't a separate card it's built into the cpu, there is no upgrade path.

As above, the HD4000 is integrated graphics. Only very expensive laptops have a separate graphics card.

Op forgot to list the exact Asus model, but if that 4GB is 1x4GB then there is one way to 'upgrade' the graphic performance: upgrade the memory to dual channel. For CPU performance, dual channel barely matters but for iGPU (integrate GPU like this Intel HD4000 or AMD's APU line) dual channel makes a huge difference. Huge as in up to 30% or more:
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_speicher_4dba6524a6.png

The only caveat with that is, that while most laptops should support dual channel, a lot of them might not run the memory at higher speeds: PC3-1600 is probably but there is probably no point in trying to fit PC3-2166+ in most laptops.

Original Poster

Astec123

No, 99% of laptops are unable to be user upgraded in terms of their … No, 99% of laptops are unable to be user upgraded in terms of their graphics performance. If you wanted it for gaming why didn't you check before you made the purchase that it would play CS?

I haven't bought it to play cs , I've just tried to play ,

Original Poster

kgrings

Op forgot to list the exact Asus model, but if that 4GB is 1x4GB then … Op forgot to list the exact Asus model, but if that 4GB is 1x4GB then there is one way to 'upgrade' the graphic performance: upgrade the memory to dual channel. For CPU performance, dual channel barely matters but for iGPU (integrate GPU like this Intel HD4000 or AMD's APU line) dual channel makes a huge difference. Huge as in up to 30% or more:From: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Performance-and-Scaling-Overview-of-Intel-HD-Graphics-4000.82847.0.htmlThe only caveat with that is, that while most laptops should support dual channel, a lot of them might not run the memory at higher speeds: PC3-1600 is probably but there is probably no point in trying to fit PC3-2166+ in most laptops.

I put an extra 2gb ram , for the easy access to the Rams from the back of the laptop , i can see a bit of difference ,
    I saw on a website that i can update to ( INTEL IRIS ) which gives some feature of setting change and then it would be better for gaming, is there such a thing ?

MuhammadEi

I put an extra 2gb ram , for the easy access to the Rams from the back of … I put an extra 2gb ram , for the easy access to the Rams from the back of the laptop , i can see a bit of difference , I saw on a website that i can update to ( INTEL IRIS ) which gives some feature of setting change and then it would be better for gaming, is there such a thing ?

The graphics is integrated into the CPU (processor), you cannot upgrade this so you cannot upgrade your graphics. There is no option to add a graphics card either.

Hi. You could try to use methods shown in this video :

6 Ways to Boost Gaming Performance on the Intel HD 3000

Maybe it will let you boost some perfomance for HD4000.

Check it out and let us know how it worked.
    Edited by: "klopikxda" 13th Jul 2014

Original Poster

to be honest this video was helpful , I haven't downloaded any of these softwares fr game boosting , however by these tips I have very good fps , the next issue now is the ms , in and out . I think its the connection from three !

Thnx anyway

kgrings

Huge as in up to 30% or more

It's huge relatively speaking but they're slow enough to begin with that it's small in absolute terms. Say, the HD4000 is 10% as fast as the sort of graphics chip you'd normally pair with an i5. If you increase the performance by 30% then it becomes 13% as fast as the dedicated graphics.

MuhammadEi

I saw on a website that i can update to ( INTEL IRIS ) which gives some … I saw on a website that i can update to ( INTEL IRIS ) which gives some feature of setting change and then it would be better for gaming, is there such a thing ?

That website was almost certainly wrong. Even if you could find a company capable of desoldering and re-soldering CPUs to motherboards you've got a CPU from the previous generation so it's likely the motherboard wouldn't support it. If Asus have kept the same chassis design for the current model range then you may be able to fit in the internals from one of those but you'd be looking at hundreds of pounds and a fair bit of effort - it's a lot easier just to sell the machine and buy something more suited.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI98
      2. parquet floor sanded57
      3. Decent hoover66
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…22

See more discussions