Groups
    EXPIRED

Intel PROset Wireless - Language problem

Hi,

I had recently changed the language settings in my laptop to enable reading/editing documents in Japanese language..

I changed the language settings back to English in all the areas in 'Regional Settings'

Now I can see that whenever the laptop detects the wireless internet connection, the popup that appears in the right hand bottom corner of the screen shows ??????? (i.e. junk)..

Like this:
    i170.photobucket.com/alb…png

I checked all the settings again and again ...but still it shows in junk..

I have un-installed the software and reinstalled it taking from Dell 'drivers & downloads section' ..still it didn't work..

Any other changes, apart from Control Panel > regional settings , do I have to change for this??

Thanks for your help.

2 Comments

Original Poster

I solved this issue myself...downloaded latest version of Intel PROset Wireless 3945ABG from ]here:

Please make sure first keep the WPA/WEP security key safe in notepad..once the new version is installed you have to enter this key again while connecting for the first time...

HTH

can you tell me were i can get the wpa/wep key from in my puter did it once but as with everything eles i do on it i forgot were it was lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Family Spotify account21
      2. Legal advice22
      3. Washer Dryer44
      4. Samsung Galaxy S655

See more discussions