Intel Xeon E3-1265v2 2.5GHz --VS-- Intel Xeon E3-1265 2.4GHz

Found 1st Aug 2017
Hi there, we can find both the processors - Intel Xeon E3-1265v2 2.5GHz -- AND -- Intel Xeon E3-1265 2.4GHz. Though it seems they are very close in spec, the price difference is almost 100%. I can not find the spec for E3-1265l 2.4GHz even though I have spent so much time. I thought someone might know about it already and can help understand what is the difference. INTEL don't list this CPU for some strange reason.
Community Updates
AskIntel
3 Comments
If I had to take an educated guess I would say the E3-1265 (@2.4GHz) is in fact a E3-1260 with the graphics re-enabled. I'm guessing it was supplied as an OEM only part to one vendor. As it was probably only ever supplied in in one server range it won't be on the validation list so would have not been picked up by other partners.

While I have not answered it might help steer you towards find out exactly what you need.
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD1st Aug

If I had to take an educated guess I would say the E3-1265 (@2.4GHz) is in …If I had to take an educated guess I would say the E3-1265 (@2.4GHz) is in fact a E3-1260 with the graphics re-enabled. I'm guessing it was supplied as an OEM only part to one vendor. As it was probably only ever supplied in in one server range it won't be on the validation list so would have not been picked up by other partners.While I have not answered it might help steer you towards find out exactly what you need.

Sir you are more talented than you know! This processor seems to the case as you suggested. I got the 1265L 2.4 mhz installed over weekend and it works perfectly. Have intel app which analysed the performance. Temperature with hp proliant microserver gen8 passive cooling heat sink is still OK.
emmkay54 m ago

Sir you are more talented than you know! This processor seems to the case …Sir you are more talented than you know! This processor seems to the case as you suggested. I got the 1265L 2.4 mhz installed over weekend and it works perfectly. Have intel app which analysed the performance. Temperature with hp proliant microserver gen8 passive cooling heat sink is still OK.

Glad you are sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions