Groups

interesting placs to see in europe??

Im planning a few weeks in europe and would appreciate any helpful tips on places to see.. even big obvious ones likethe eifel tower!! It doesnt have to be in a major city I would happily travelk out into the sticks for a worth while place!! All suggestions welcome and appreciated!!!

19 Comments

Banned

Manchester wheel

Falkirk Wheel

Blackpool Big Wheel

Banned

Places ive been that are noteworthy:

Berlin - ww2 history, great night life too
    Athens - history again, nightlife is great too
    Rome - again history
    Venice - nice for a quick stop is really chilled out
    Budapest - baths and history too
    Geneva - pretty place not too much to do unless you are kinda rich!
    Paris - obvious
    Copenhagen - chillaxed place! good night life
    Porto - nice chilled place hardly any night life though... but some nice bars
    Milan - sweet for fashion show / shopping

i'd like to go krakow next you should probably check that out!

Take a look at my travel page. If any destination i have visited sounds interesting pm me for some info

members.virtualtourist.com/m/m…e2/

bykergrove;8405695

Places ive been that are noteworthy:Berlin - ww2 history, great night … Places ive been that are noteworthy:Berlin - ww2 history, great night life tooAthens - history again, nightlife is great tooRome - again historyVenice - nice for a quick stop is really chilled outBudapest - baths and history tooGeneva - pretty place not too much to do unless you are kinda rich!Paris - obviousCopenhagen - chillaxed place! good night lifePorto - nice chilled place hardly any night life though... but some nice barsMilan - sweet for fashion show / shoppingi'd like to go krakow next you should probably check that out!

Haven't been to Athens but that's good advice on all the others & Krakow is a great place too

Not too keen on Paris though

Banned

darren9030;8405722

Take a look at my travel page. If any destination i have visited sounds … Take a look at my travel page. If any destination i have visited sounds interesting pm me for some info :)http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/m/572e2/

how was norway dude? did you see the northen lights?

sweet ass coverage of europe btw. i have been to a few other places but not got as much coverage as that i dont think.

spent 10weeks in NY though... probably the best time of my life! went to canada only for the day to see the falls

Original Poster

thanks there are some great ideas here!

Banned

aaron14danni;8405790

thanks there are some great ideas here!

So when are you coming to Manchester? :giggle:

bykergrove;8405781

how was norway dude? did you see the northen lights?sweet ass coverage of … how was norway dude? did you see the northen lights?sweet ass coverage of europe btw. i have been to a few other places but not got as much coverage as that i dont think.spent 10weeks in NY though... probably the best time of my life! went to canada only for the day to see the falls

It was really wet when i went. Didn't even get to take any pics as only stayed one night but everyone speaks English & are friendly but it's very expensive. If i go again certainly hope for better weather.

Also loved NYC. Only stayed 4 days but got an absolute bargain of about £200 including flight & hotel :thumbsup: Also as it was January loads of bargains in the shops too :-D

Original Poster

DLM;8405803

So when are you coming to Manchester? :giggle:

Im fromManchester so to be ho9nest in the next few weeks.. shall follow up on your manchester wheel tip :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Red"]Dat dere volcano in Iceland.[/COLOR]

Banned

aaron14danni;8405854

Im fromManchester so to be ho9nest in the next few weeks.. shall follow … Im fromManchester so to be ho9nest in the next few weeks.. shall follow up on your manchester wheel tip :thumbsup:

I have a 2 for 1 ticket if you want it.

Pm me your address :thumbsup:

venice & rome are musts - beautiful cities wiht lots to see. berlin is great for war museums and historical stuff. paris, barcelona also have loads to do and see. moscow and st. petersburg are incredible cities if you fancy venturing out that far.
    i'm off to athens and istanbul in the summer. havent been yet, but from what i've seen they look good (i hope).

emhaslam;8405910

venice & rome are musts - beautiful cities wiht lots to see. berlin is … venice & rome are musts - beautiful cities wiht lots to see. berlin is great for war museums and historical stuff. paris, barcelona also have loads to do and see. moscow and st. petersburg are incredible cities if you fancy venturing out that far. i'm off to athens and istanbul in the summer. havent been yet, but from what i've seen they look good (i hope).

Yep defo Istanbul is brilliant :-D Would love to see Russia but getting the visa is a pain as i like to travel independently

Go to the Rhine Valley and travel up or down river - visit Bonn, Heidelberg etc ... beautiful area with loads to see & do :-)

i have seen alot of europe altho i wouldn't class them as holiday destinations...

Bosnia
    Kosovo
    Macedonia
    Croatia etc... 6 months tour in each.. lol Sarajevo is pretty .. i recommend "Sniper Alley"

Banned

Rimini, Italy
    For the longest stretch of sand covered from end to end by sun loungers. Amazing night life.

google.co.uk/map…=17
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense33
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?22
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?77
      4. What to do?????710

See more discussions