Groups

Interesting situation..racist or just having a laugh?

Thought this may make for an interesting discussion

Just got back form the gym,I was sat in the sauna after a workout and there were 2 other guys in there(both white)

We were chatting away when 3 black guys came in at the same time,as they walked in one said "Oh 3 whites in here already we will even things up now"

We all thought it was white funny and proceeded to have a laugh,now if the situation was reversed and this was 3 white guys who had made the initial comments I think it would have been a different ball game sadly,as it should be just about having laugh in these situations

Personally I found it quite funny and refreshing but I am sure others may have took it more seriously....opinions??

If we could avoid the usual trolling/name calling/accusations of being a racist nazi and treat everyone with respect for once it would be great

30 Comments

Na i think both sides would find it funny

Dont boil down to race boils down to humour of the individual

yup, it can only be racist nowadays if a white man insults a black man. never the other way round. i guess its fair enough really for the years of enslavement and abuse we gave them.

personally i think we should be able to just have a laugh whichever way the comments are directed when its relatively non-offensive comments like tht

There would have been racial discrimination claims if it had been the other way around.

But it was about white people so its ok.

J4GG4;6930585

Na i think both sides would find it funnyDont boil down to race boils … Na i think both sides would find it funnyDont boil down to race boils down to humour of the individual

+ 1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

J4GG4;6930585

Na i think both sides would find it funnyDont boil down to race boils … Na i think both sides would find it funnyDont boil down to race boils down to humour of the individual

I agree thats the way it should be,nothing malicious at all,its a shame we all don't think like that

Its a shame really.

boothy;6930602

I agree thats the way it should be,nothing malicious at all,its a shame … I agree thats the way it should be,nothing malicious at all,its a shame we all don't think like thatIts a shame really.

emhaslam;6930591

yup, it can only be racist nowadays if a white man insults a black man. … yup, it can only be racist nowadays if a white man insults a black man. never the other way round. i guess its fair enough really for the years of enslavement and abuse we gave them.personally i think we should be able to just have a laugh whichever way the comments are directed when its relatively non-offensive comments like tht

ainsleyb;6930596

There would have been racial discrimination claims if it had been the … There would have been racial discrimination claims if it had been the other way around.But it was about white people so its ok.

Yeah shame, to generalise, not all us blacks think that way ;-)

emhaslam;6930591

yup, it can only be racist nowadays if a white man insults a black man. … yup, it can only be racist nowadays if a white man insults a black man. never the other way round. i guess its fair enough really for the years of enslavement and abuse we gave them.personally i think we should be able to just have a laugh whichever way the comments are directed when its relatively non-offensive comments like tht

ainsleyb;6930596

There would have been racial discrimination claims if it had been the … There would have been racial discrimination claims if it had been the other way around.But it was about white people so its ok.

Comments like that make me laugh, knee jerk reaction to anything that may be racist "if it were the other way round.... blah blah"

tbh sounds like if you had said it to those guys they would have laughed, like said, it's the individual.

every time i walk into a suana, i utter the imortal line

"Wow, it's like a sauna in here"

:lol:

micoo;6930628

every time i walk into a suana, i utter the imortal line"Wow, it's like a … every time i walk into a suana, i utter the imortal line"Wow, it's like a sauna in here":lol:

Because you're a nutter

J4GG4;6930585

:thumbsup:

choc1969;6930636

Because you're a nutter

na, cos its hilarious :lol:

choc1969;6930623

+1

i feel sorry for the white guys in the sauna....having 3 black guys come in...hope you covered your man boobs and held in your stomachs....i mean they are always buff!

Original Poster

choc1969;6930623

respect to you for that:thumbsup:

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6930692

i feel sorry for the white guys in the sauna....having 3 black guys come … i feel sorry for the white guys in the sauna....having 3 black guys come in...hope you covered your man boobs and held in your stomachs....i mean they are always buff!

no man boobs or gut on me,thankyou very much

lorsmanic;6930692

i feel sorry for the white guys in the sauna....having 3 black guys come … i feel sorry for the white guys in the sauna....having 3 black guys come in...hope you covered your man boobs and held in your stomachs....i mean they are always buff!

i'll send you pics of my brothers, not all buff :w00t:

boothy;6930703

lol ...ooooh proof please!!!

lorsmanic;6930692

:giggle:

Banned

isnt this just normal behaviour:?

dcx_badass;6930719

I recon the other way round would have been considered 'racist'.

I'd take it more as a poke at the years of intolerable racism minority groups have suffered at the hands of the racist protagonists of the past, and present.

[QUOTE=dcx_badass;6930719]I recon the other way round would have been considered 'racist'.[/QUOTE

mind you if it was 3 women sat there and any colour bloke walked in and said "oooh 3 women now we even it up" they would have been accused by some folk of being sexist...

Original Poster

moob;6930756

I'd take it more as a poke at the years of intolerable racism minority … I'd take it more as a poke at the years of intolerable racism minority groups have suffered at the hands of the racist protagonists of the past, and present.

translate that for the working class please

micoo;6930669

na, cos its hilarious :lol:

nah cause you've probably been drinking

boothy;6930770

They were having an ironic laugh at the situation given the fact their race have been subjected to racial abuse in the past - and still are.

Banned

boothy;6930770

It's quite clear boothy. Any more and this thread will bite the bullet, for the reasons previously reported.

Original Poster

moob;6930811

They were having an ironic laugh at the situation given the fact their … They were having an ironic laugh at the situation given the fact their race have been subjected to racial abuse in the past - and still are.

Thankyou,although that is perhaps a bit deep for 3 blokes in the gym, I am not sure that was what they were thinking
    aScottishBloke;6930813

It's quite clear boothy. Any more and this thread will bite the bullet, … It's quite clear boothy. Any more and this thread will bite the bullet, for the reasons previously reported.

Please feel free to close if this causes offence,that was not my intention hence the wish for respect to others in the OP

boothy;6930703

DUH just realised you have a profile pic....ok i eat my words!!

Banned

boothy;6930845

ThankyouPlease feel free to close if this causes offence,that was not my … ThankyouPlease feel free to close if this causes offence,that was not my intention hence the wish for respect to others in the OP

It's just a polite reminder to make sure that responses are considered and the thread does not degenerate into a rabble on a quite sensitive and important subject.

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;6930876

It's just a polite reminder to make sure that responses are considered … It's just a polite reminder to make sure that responses are considered and the thread does not degenerate into a rabble on a quite sensitive and important subject.

noted,thankyou:thumbsup:

Banned

boothy;6930890

noted,thankyou:thumbsup:

I'd say moob was bang on the money though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      3. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121
      4. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11

See more discussions