Groups

Intermittment flicker on new 4K HD TV

HI folks back in January I bought a new LG TV UF610V or something like that one of the 4k/ faux-k models etc etc

Anyway it's developed a strange flicker. I can be watching TV or playing games for an hour or so then it will all of a sudden flicker for half a second then go back to normal... then won't do it again for another hour.

It's still under warranty should I be claiming do you think?

11 Comments

Your consumer rights are best accessed at this web page from Citizens Advice - answer 2 simple questions and it will return to you a step-by-step plan to achieve what is possible.
    Consumer > Return faulty goods

I would claim under warranty. what you got to lose? have you checked/swapped Hdmi to rule that out

What source is it coming from? Sounds like it could be a 60hz flicker, if on Xbox or any other device make sure it is set to 50hz. Either way if it didn't do it before and if a setting hasn't been changed somewhere then contact the retailer for a warranty claim.

Original Poster

2minutenoodles

What source is it coming from? Sounds like it could be a 60hz flicker, if … What source is it coming from? Sounds like it could be a 60hz flicker, if on Xbox or any other device make sure it is set to 50hz. Either way if it didn't do it before and if a setting hasn't been changed somewhere then contact the retailer for a warranty claim.

This is what I thought however it happens on all sources sky box and ps4 and also built in now tv

Original Poster

discozohan

I would claim under warranty. what you got to lose? have you … I would claim under warranty. what you got to lose? have you checked/swapped Hdmi to rule that out

the problem is its quite difficult to replicate to an engineer you could be sat watching for an hour and then it will do it other times it wont

Does it happen on just one hdmi port or both?
    I had an issue with a blu ray player that did that. Swapped hdmi ports with sky box o see if it would do it too and the blu ray player was fine on the new port. Happily enough so was the sky box.

Noticed on the source select one port is named differently from the other. My TV is Samsung though but if you've not tried this might be worth a go.

Original Poster

wolf47wolf

Does it happen on just one hdmi port or both? I had an issue with a blu … Does it happen on just one hdmi port or both? I had an issue with a blu ray player that did that. Swapped hdmi ports with sky box o see if it would do it too and the blu ray player was fine on the new port. Happily enough so was the sky box. Noticed on the source select one port is named differently from the other. My TV is Samsung though but if you've not tried this might be worth a go.

happens on both hdmi ports and also using the built in on demand services

If it's still under warranty I would try and get it sorted. Maybe you can set up a camera to record the TV and write down when it happens, that way you have proof if needed.

I agree with penguin, try recording it and make a claim.

If it is happening no matter the source then the TV is simply at fault. It could be anything, I know it may sound daft but after recording the issue update the TV (if there is an update) do a full factory reset and turn off at the mains and then back on again. If your TV is calibrated don't forget to make a note of your settings first.

Less than a year, so get a claim in now, so it is repaired/replaced before Christmas.

Samsung TVs had a similar issue a few years ago that was caused by a failing capacitor in the psu.

I had a similar problem. Everytime the kitchen light was switched on the tv would flicker for a second.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value37
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?36
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826344
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047085

See more discussions