Internal storage running low(Elephone P8000)

Found 17th Oct 2015
My wife has a problem with her Elephone where it says Internal storage running low.Although it states 6.29gb available it also comes up with a warning of Not enough storage for the system. Make sure you have 250mb of free space and restart. Also it has on a few occasions randomly restarted and come up with Android apps updating as though Android had just updated. Anybody know how to solve this problem? Thanks. Could 437mb of cached data be the culprit?
Community Updates
AskRunningStorage
10 Comments
Try downloading the Ccleaner app. Run that and it clears out various caches and temp files etc, might be surprised how much space it saves. I use it, seems decent. Its also free so apart from 10 mins of your time, its not costing you anything to try
ibblackberry1

Try downloading the Ccleaner app. Run that and it clears out various … Try downloading the Ccleaner app. Run that and it clears out various caches and temp files etc, might be surprised how much space it saves. I use it, seems decent. Its also free so apart from 10 mins of your time, its not costing you anything to try

Nice 1 thanks, will take a look. Couldn't access play store because of the problem, now shut down and restarted, cleared cache and seems ok now. Thanks again.
If rooted, try foldermount
Qrunch

If rooted, try foldermount

Just stock rom with no root, thanks anyway.
Sounds like it's partitioned memory where only so many GB can be used for apps, and the rest is for music/photos etc. Install,as well as C cleaner, move to SD card app. It will allow some apps, not all, to move to card and free up internal space.
dereklogan7

Sounds like it's partitioned memory where only so many GB can be used for … Sounds like it's partitioned memory where only so many GB can be used for apps, and the rest is for music/photos etc. Install,as well as C cleaner, move to SD card app. It will allow some apps, not all, to move to card and free up internal space.

Cheers Derek, thought move 2 SD etc was for root only, maybe its changed as it was years ago since I used it. Thanks anyway.
kramvic

Cheers Derek, thought move 2 SD etc was for root only, maybe its changed … Cheers Derek, thought move 2 SD etc was for root only, maybe its changed as it was years ago since I used it. Thanks anyway.

​I've used it recently on an unrooted phone with no problems.
dereklogan7

​I've used it recently on an unrooted phone with no problems.

Nice 1, will take a look.
AppMGR III - works great on unrooted, also alerts to any new moveable apps.

There is an ADB command which can make some more apps moveable.

techgage.com/art…rd/

If it's a partition issue, on "storage" you see the apps partition at the top, short of space (if you have under about 150MB free, you have trouble updating things).
Then the rest of the space below.

If you use the ADB trick, then some things may be able to install without complaining, as it should send new moveable apps directly to SD (without needing help from AppMgr)
matth9999

AppMGR III - works great on unrooted, also alerts to any new moveable … AppMGR III - works great on unrooted, also alerts to any new moveable apps.There is an ADB command which can make some more apps moveable.https://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/If it's a partition issue, on "storage" you see the apps partition at the top, short of space (if you have under about 150MB free, you have trouble updating things).Then the rest of the space below.If you use the ADB trick, then some things may be able to install without complaining, as it should send new moveable apps directly to SD (without needing help from AppMgr)

Thanks a lot, great info and will take a look.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants