International Driving License / Permit

3 replies
Found 6th Mar 2010
Anyone know how soon you can get issued with an International Driving Permit.

I see the AA charge £5.50 and it mentioned something about post office applications and certain post offices and just wondering if anyone knows if certain post offices can issue one there and then ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

Hi,

Certian Post ofiices can issue an International driving licence while you wait. If fact any post office that can issue International driving licences can issue them while you wait!

You need to take a couple of passport size photos, your driving licence, both parts if it's a photocard version. And of course some money. You fill out a form, they stamp things in a booklet and give it to you - like waiting to be paid a Giro!!!

Go to any post office and ask where the nearest one that issues International driving licences is!

Regards,

John

Where are planning to go to? ...........many countries don't require them.

Original Poster

heinkeljb;8039362

Hi,Certian Post ofiices can issue an International driving licence while … Hi,Certian Post ofiices can issue an International driving licence while you wait. If fact any post office that can issue International driving licences can issue them while you wait!You need to take a couple of passport size photos, your driving licence, both parts if it's a photocard version. And of course some money. You fill out a form, they stamp things in a booklet and give it to you - like waiting to be paid a Giro!!!Go to any post office and ask where the nearest one that issues International driving licences is!Regards,John

Thanks for the reply and info John. Much appreciated. Looks like I`ll get sorted then. Nearest two post offices to myself are 25 and 35 miles away but worth the journey to get it there and then. Have some rep

Inactive;8039418

Where are planning to go to? ...........many countries don't require them.

Thailand. Which I believe does require one and its the number 149 or something like that. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    4. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22

See more discussions