international return mail help

Found 23rd Jan
i recently purchased items from DC who are based in belguim.
I had to pay for the return postage which was just under £15 (luckily was able to claim back from paypal). I obtained proof of postage & opted for tracked & signed for. The item was posted last monday 15th Jan before 8am.
I've been checking the tracking all week & it seems to be showing as arriving in belgium on friday & now on the "in distribution phase". Should it take this long?
I am concerned as I only have 30 days to return items to DC (their policy). my order was placed on 30/12 & but not received until 5/1 due to new year. time is running short for the returned item to be recieved by DC within the 30day returns window despite the fact I returned the time, now over a week ago & i'm stressing I wont get my refund (which btw is almost £50)
Given I have proof the item has been sent to them, do i have much of a case?
I want to chase this up & see why it's taking so long but not sure who i'd enquire with? Royal mail or their partners over in belgium who now have the parcel.

i returned an item to DC earlier this year back in march time & the parcel did not take this long to reach them ....
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
Surely you need to chase the courier you sent it with? I presume you checked the insurance terms before deciding which courier to use
Original Poster
jpoolfitz15 m ago

Surely you need to chase the courier you sent it with? I presume you …Surely you need to chase the courier you sent it with? I presume you checked the insurance terms before deciding which courier to use

i used royal mail. they have passed it to their partners in belgium to filfill the rest of the delivery over there.
Original Poster
jpoolfitz23rd Jan

Surely you need to chase the courier you sent it with? I presume you …Surely you need to chase the courier you sent it with? I presume you checked the insurance terms before deciding which courier to use

I have chased this with royal mail as that's who I sent the parcel via. they said they do not offer a guaranteed delivery time frame for international mail therefor basically can take as long as it wants.
I phoned on tuesday & she said (which i can see from the tracking) the item is in "distribution phase" as of 10am on 22/01. It's now 3 working days later & it's STILL in the same phase.
Any advice would be appreciated. I'm growing increasingly concerned this will not reach the returns department in the 30days I have, thus they will refuse my refund, i'll then be wthout the item & my money & I feel like all this is out of my hands!? is there anything I can do to try & resolve this?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants