Groups

Internet Explorer 8. - Beta version available now.

beznews.com/art…t=1

It also has an ie7 emulator.

16 Comments

God - lets hope they've ironed out the bugs from Explorer 7

Original Poster

daBluone;1730903

God - lets hope they've ironed out the bugs from Explorer 7

Which ones?

Using it now, myself.

You can collapse the window to just the title bar and stack them on the desktop. Excellent.

(Unless, that is, I have D/L'd something else and forgot)

Hi there

I am having difficulty to just open the setup file lol?!!

When trying to open it....(I am running Windows Vista Premium) it just tells me this is not a valid WIndows Application?!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

Regards:thumbsup:

Tried this a few weeks ago, and it was a complete pain in the a**e, after 2 days i was so p****d off I reverted back to 7 where I shall be staying for a while.

Just installed Firefox, not even going to bother with IE now.

Banned

Having checked out the new features it still doesnt even come close to firefox (e.g. auto crash recovery has been in FF for yonks).

Why anyone would use IE in any form above FF is beyond me.

Original Poster

Well I installed it hoping that it is more stable than 7. And for what other features I might find. PLUS a bit of one-up-man-ship I guess.:) (wot, you only got IE7??)

On my system (Xp2 with 2 Meg ram) Firefox AND Opera take ages to load.

I am using it now and have been for a couple of days, and for the first time I have made Opera my default veiwer. I have always used them both for different things (and am writing this in IW8). but for me this is rubbish and I am now going to reinstall my PC. I know I oculd go back to IE7 but want to start from scratch anyway and IE8 has just made me want to do it sooner.
    My problem is right clcik sometimes (most of the time) crashes IE, it then loads up again with the pages you had open, but if your wirting an email it can me very frustrating.

There are some really nice features in there like hightlighting the webpage page your on (E.G if your at "http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/158425/internet-explorer-8-beta-version-av/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1730884" the hotukdeals.com bit is dark so you can see what the site is, this will help scammers for things like ebay when you go there and your not really at there site. and it also has a translation option in the right click. I think it will be a very nice Explorer once a couple more versions have come out. but for me Opera 9.50 BETA is being used for the next month or so until IE BETA is ready to be a real BETA and not a PRE-ALPHA.

Banned

rizla01;1731345

Well I installed it hoping that it is more stable than 7. And for what … Well I installed it hoping that it is more stable than 7. And for what other features I might find. PLUS a bit of one-up-man-ship I guess.:) (wot, you only got IE7??)On my system (Xp2 with 2 Meg ram) Firefox AND Opera take ages to load.

Page loads or the software itself?

Mine takes milliseconds and 9/10 independent tests state FF/Opera is far faster and more stable then any flavour of IE.

Started using Firefox about a year ago, and haven't looked back since, IE seems weird to use now

Banned

surfer90;1732690

Started using Firefox about a year ago, and haven't looked back since, IE … Started using Firefox about a year ago, and haven't looked back since, IE seems weird to use now

Have to agree. IE is so 20th century that I chuckle when people bring it up as their main browser. I equate it to wearing flairs

Original Poster

csiman;1731527

Page loads or the software itself?Mine takes milliseconds and 9/10 … Page loads or the software itself?Mine takes milliseconds and 9/10 independent tests state FF/Opera is far faster and more stable then any flavour of IE.

It's the prog itself that takes an age to load. The windows and refreshes are ok.

Banned

rizla01;1737936

It's the prog itself that takes an age to load. The windows and refreshes … It's the prog itself that takes an age to load. The windows and refreshes are ok.

Maybe try reinstalling it. Mine takes a second at most to fully load from scratch

FF takes a good 10s to load, but I've used it for years now & would never turn back

people need to start using opera

Banned

ChrisUK;1738267

FF takes a good 10s to load, but I've used it for years now & would never … FF takes a good 10s to load, but I've used it for years now & would never turn back

Sad I know but just timed mine and it took sub 2 secs to load app and HUKD page.

Bear in mind I have optimised FF

tweakguides.com/Fir…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2137
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30123
      3. Spotify Family Premium share823
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616

See more discussions