Internet Explorer (not responding)

Found 16th Mar 2009
On my laptop, when i open internet explorer, quite often it just seems to hang and eventually get the (not responding) text.
Also, when i am on any website, HUKD for example and i click on a link to open up another page, it also hangs and eventually get the (not responding) message and all i can do is task manager and close down the pages open.

No other applications are open but it is happening more and more and obviously is very frustrating !! Can anyone advise?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Have you tried using another browser? such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Crome

Banned

FireFox.

Original Poster

DarkKnight;4655365

Have you tried using another browser? such as Mozilla Firefox or Google … Have you tried using another browser? such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Crome

Nope... not yet.

I'm thinking it's time though.

Just wandering why all of a sudden it has started.

are you using ie7 or ie8, if your using a older version get a friend to download ie7 for you to install on your system

Original Poster

DangerGod;4655369

FireFox.

Easy to install?

Is that what you use? What is it like?

Original Poster

wickedteen;4655398

are you using ie7 or ie8

IE7

Banned

smithyp1;4655399

Easy to install?Is that what you use? What is it like?

Easy to install and alot better than IE IMO.

DangerGod;4655433

Easy to install and alot better than IE IMO.

i agree, its so easy to use and it seems faster. plus it handles bookmarks and tabs well.
for example if you close Firefox, it lets you save your tabs for your next visit
i use either Firefox or Crome, depending on my mood

then why not download ie8

Original Poster

wickedteen;4655489

then why not download ie8

Not sure..... :oops:

Will do that later or try darknight and DG's advice. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Why does it happen though?

Original Poster

If i install firefox do i need to de-install explorer?

smithyp1;4659112

If i install firefox do i need to de-install explorer?

You won't need to de-install any browsers to install Firefox. the browsers won't interfere with each other so you can have more than one
so you won't lose anything to do with Internet Explorer, that can always remain there for you to try it another time

firefox will also extract your bookmarks aswell, plus last year i think it was, that some one managed to fill IE with a very nasty virus or trojan, and it gave them all the details you logged ie banks so they got your numbers. thats why microsoft rushed out IE8!

Original Poster

DarkKnight;4660656

You won't need to de-install any browsers to install Firefox. the … You won't need to de-install any browsers to install Firefox. the browsers won't interfere with each other so you can have more than oneso you won't lose anything to do with Internet Explorer, that can always remain there for you to try it another time

tinkerbellsteve;4660712

firefox will also extract your bookmarks aswell, plus last year i think … firefox will also extract your bookmarks aswell, plus last year i think it was, that some one managed to fill IE with a very nasty virus or trojan, and it gave them all the details you logged ie banks so they got your numbers. thats why microsoft rushed out IE8!

Thanks for the help / advice.

Installed firefox last night, it asked if i wanted to pull across all my favourites etc and it did fine.

So far so good.

Any other little tips or hidden features when using it?
All looks pretty much similar.

Thanks all.
Post a comment
@
    Text