“Internet Influencers”

Found 24th Jul
I will start by saying yes I am old and yes I am grumpy...

I find the whole concept of internet influencers so out of touch and outdated...

most of the ones I read about are either attractive ladies or “zany” males....

how very 90s....

The difference is these people wield massive influence over the young whilst it never being clear who is paying them to say what...

just read about one that said she felt it unjust to give her Filipino maid a day off or her passport back... and this person is in a position to influence others??? Just because she owns a camera??

The whole YouTube and Instagram thing is fine for adult that know it’s all make believe and nonsense and useful as guidance and entertainment but young people make decisions based off these clowns???

dear o dear.
Community Updates
Misc
24 Comments
Saw it on Daily Mail, odd that she'd want to brag to the world about how her cruel treatment of her staff.
Agree. So much fake rubbish on social media.
Talking of 'Internet Influencers' .....

davewave2 m ago

davewave6 m ago

Saw it on Daily Mail, odd that she'd want to brag to the world about how …Saw it on Daily Mail, odd that she'd want to brag to the world about how her cruel treatment of her staff.

On the BBC they had one of those twitter quotes passing off as news articles and people saying they are “boycotting this influencer” - I don’t even know what that means....

i assume not watching and blocking her feeds.

it just makes me sad as a society we now basically hold up this people as people to pay attention to.

people say it’s the same as TV and Radio stars and models used to be but it’s not.

These morons flood us with their opinions mixed in with adverts and you don’t know which is which -

If Sarah Greene was in a Tolberone advert you knew she was paid and might actually hate tolberone.

I just dont like the fake life styles and terrible diets that Instagram promotes and the hidden advert YouTube contains
Edited by: "joanddan7" 24th Jul
Sarah Greene? Gosh you are old.
Of course I had to google who Sarah Greene is.
joanddan77 m ago

On the BBC they had one of those twitter quotes passing off as news …On the BBC they had one of those twitter quotes passing off as news articles and people saying they are “boycotting this influencer”

This is one current fad in news I really hate, adding social media quotes by random nobodies to news articles.
@joanddan7 , be patient of my comment, about internet influencers, since you are a patient sitting in a hospital ward, you may like to consider reading this scholarly article, then you may assist youself in understanding which mechanisms explain celebrity influence such as the one in your cited example.

Biological, psychological and social processes that explain celebrities’ influence on patients’ health-related behaviors

Those whose brain constantly receive good communication and language from whom they are connected to with these virtues: integrity, humility, respectfulness, compassion, fairness, forgiveness, generosity, lovingness, self-discipline.. and so on, stand more chance to normalise their behaviour, or characters as researched as leadership effectiveness = influencers Virtues and leadership An integrating conceptual framework founded in Aristotelian and Confucian perspectives on virtues
and in this research paper, I quote, "In both literatures (Aristotel and Confucious), virtue is understood as a character trait expressed through voluntary actions; a person acquires virtues by repetitively practicing them until they are developed into a habit, and with education and self-learning."

Whence, other than ranting, one may make a preliminary productive personal action plan, one who voluntarily receives signals that are red becomes red (red = your so called clowns), one who receives signals that are blue becomes blue ( blue = the ones which are not clowns). A process in receiving extreme red signals is named as "radicalisation".

About your grumpiness and being old (? there's a lot of your posts on Nintendo Switch and PS4 games), read some of this may help you to be happier and to find ways to age gracefully and elegantly : liveboldandbloom.com/10/…its (a key point is celebrities have personalities; personalities are NOT characters.) This article references two (internet - in so far as information that could be found on the net) influencers: Abraham Lincoln, and author Warren Susman.

As to your naming of Hunt in your recent comment on another thread, the former Health Secretary, he has two sets of virtues: one is his personal virtue, the other is his office position's virtue (which is a collective virtue).
Edited by: "splender" 24th Jul
What's an internet influencer ? I know my won't care and I certainly won't be influenced by one. Is it like a blogger?
34476803-hT2kp.jpg
Andy@XCite1 h, 29 m ago

Sarah Greene? Gosh you are old. Of course I had to google who Sarah …Sarah Greene? Gosh you are old. Of course I had to google who Sarah Greene is.

joanddan71 h, 36 m ago

If Sarah Greene was in a Tolberone advert you knew she was paid and might …If Sarah Greene was in a Tolberone advert you knew she was paid and might actually hate tolberone.

Now come on, there is only one Sarah Greene and she infulenced many a young kid back in the day on Saturrday Superstore and the likes but certainly not on the internet and unlike the Kardashians, Blue Peter was a TV program not a plex tape but who knows maybe her and mike smith used a betamax
davewave1 h, 45 m ago

Saw it on Daily Mail, odd that she'd want to brag to the world about how …Saw it on Daily Mail, odd that she'd want to brag to the world about how her cruel treatment of her staff.

There’s one main source of trash right there!
Humans wired up to herd like sheep and are prone to mass hysteria. Easily influenced by people we look up to and respect. It's nothing new and quite common. Don't blame the influencers when the erosion of morality is the common cause.
kester7635 m ago

Humans wired up to herd like sheep and are prone to mass hysteria. Easily …Humans wired up to herd like sheep and are prone to mass hysteria. Easily influenced by people we look up to and respect. It's nothing new and quite common. Don't blame the influencers when the erosion of morality is the common cause.

I’m not sure it’s just that as generations have been saying morality is eroded. I guess it will always be “better in my day” no matter what era you are born in... and the youth will always seem like they are bonkers.

ironically this young adult generation are the most moralistic in a long time...

alcohol comsumption is down.

age of loss of virginity has risen.

teen pregnancy rates are down.

They just just take life advice off strangers on the internet.... most of who appear unemployable, no substance walking adverts for corporate machines.

But a teenager can’t see that the pretty one with the nice hair is a stooge.
Andy@XCite2 h, 14 m ago

Sarah Greene? Gosh you are old. Of course I had to google who Sarah …Sarah Greene? Gosh you are old. Of course I had to google who Sarah Greene is.

Ha, I did try to pick someone a bit random that would almost instantly give away my age
joanddan744 m ago

Ha, I did try to pick someone a bit random that would almost instantly …Ha, I did try to pick someone a bit random that would almost instantly give away my age

and there was me thinking you were talking about the actress who came up as the first google search, makes my earlier post a poor comment
eslick4 h, 49 m ago

Now come on, there is only one Sarah Greene and she infulenced many a …Now come on, there is only one Sarah Greene and she infulenced many a young kid back in the day on Saturrday Superstore and the likes but certainly not on the internet and unlike the Kardashians, Blue Peter was a TV program not a plex tape but who knows maybe her and mike smith used a betamax

I remember Sarah greene on Saturday superstore one Christmas dressed as Santa clause wearing black fishnets.
#Just saying.
I wouldn't worry about it.
In twenty years Kim Kardashian or kanye West will be the leader of the free world!.
I'll put it simply, you know how in your day you had TV and everybody was influenced by Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville, Garry Glitter, soem radio DJs and errrrr... well anyway now its about who is good at games who lives asperational life styles etc, its like tv but on the internet.
Edited by: "catbeans" 25th Jul
catbeans11 m ago

I'll put it simply, you know how in your day you had TV and everybody was …I'll put it simply, you know how in your day you had TV and everybody was influenced by Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville, Garry Glitter, soem radio DJs and errrrr... well anyway now its about who is good at games who lives asperational life styles etc, its like tv but on the internet.

This is why we are all still playing stylophones. They really caught on.
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

This is why we are all still playing stylophones. They really caught on.

Its all about the Otamatones now!

The only real difference between 'influencers' now and then is there are'nt institutions to protect them from their stupid/vile opinions and acts. Also a lot of the middle men have been cut out si they deal directly with companies that pay them to push stuff.

Edited by: "catbeans" 25th Jul
catbeans5 m ago

Its all about the Otamatones now!The only real difference between …Its all about the Otamatones now!The only real difference between 'influencers' now and then is there are'nt institutions to protect them from their stupid/vile opinions and acts. Also a lot of the middle men have been cut out si they deal directly with companies that pay them to push stuff. [Video]

Each to their own i suppose
catbeans8 h, 10 m ago

I'll put it simply, you know how in your day you had TV and everybody was …I'll put it simply, you know how in your day you had TV and everybody was influenced by Rolf Harris, Jimmy Saville, Garry Glitter, soem radio DJs and errrrr... well anyway now its about who is good at games who lives asperational life styles etc, its like tv but on the internet.

Haha very true and just like then... these lifestyle are all fake and hide the true person....

basically internet influencers are to the youth of today what Saville and Glitter were....

dangerous....

couldnt have summed it up better!
Just seen on MSN that Ed Sheeran has set up an Instagram account for his two cats and already they have 40,000 followers. The world’s gone mad!
I came across one of these Influencers whilst looking for a recipe last night.

The recipe was great and I will re use, but my goodness what a load of additional fluff and advertorial content.
One example I laughed at was:

"The vegetables have improved flavour if you slice them using this massively expensive mandolin that I was sent by the awesome people at Mandolins Inc."

Tasted great even though I used a cheap ikea knife.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants