Internet Security Packages

Found 23rd Feb
Been using Kaspersky for years but can't find a decent deal on a 5 or 10 device edition.

However, I note Norton and Mcafee products are quite a bit cheaper.

Are there any disadvantages to these alternatives, or is Kaspersky still the best Internet Security package?

Also, not interested in Russian hacking comments.
Thanks.
Community Updates
AskSoftware & Apps
Top comments
Windows firewall/defender
Edited by: "rev6" 23rd Feb
12 Comments
Windows firewall/defender
Edited by: "rev6" 23rd Feb
deleted1597344
As above Windows Defender is all you need
same as the above 2. Get a good ad blocker (ublock origin ftw) and some common sense job done!
deleted415226
I thought Kaspersky anti-virus was now free?

I used Kaspersky for years on my PC but didn’t like the direction Windows 10 was going, so switched to Mac. Otherwise, I’d still be using Kaspersky - the US government intelligence agencies aren’t a fan of the company, so that must mean they’re doing a good job;)
Wondering if anyone has an answer to the actual question please?

Thanks
Windows defender is good enough and free. 3rd party products can create openings for attack as they sit deep in the os. Trust Microsoft...defender... and run security patches and use your common sense online. Create users. Restrict uses to what they can do. Create a user account for yourself with restrictions and only run as administrator when you need to install software. All this information is freely available online. Don't pay money for products that aren't giving you anything you can't get for free
Just use the stuff built in, scare-mongering most of it anyway.
What about this deal?
Search Amazon UK for: B074SPB1FL
KTS 2018 £29.98 - 10 Devices for 1 Year.

or this one?

Search Amazon UK for: B01LEIGIKW
KTS 2017 (then upgrade to 2018 for free) £26.50 - 10 Devices for 1 Year.

Personally, I'd stick with Kaspersky.
I've tried others, but didn't like their firewall's configurability.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell4 m ago

What about this deal?Search Amazon UK for: B074SPB1FLKTS 2018 £29.98 - 10 …What about this deal?Search Amazon UK for: B074SPB1FLKTS 2018 £29.98 - 10 Devices for 1 Year.or this one?Search Amazon UK for: B01LEIGIKWKTS 2017 (then upgrade to 2018 for free) £26.50 - 10 Devices for 1 Year.Personally, I'd stick with Kaspersky.I've tried others, but didn't like their firewall's configurability.

Ironically, just after Christmas I myself posted a deal here for a ten device version at £17.99.
Damn.

Edit: thanks for focussing on the question unlike everyone else thus far.
Edited by: "Uranus" 24th Feb
Uranus24th Feb

Ironically, just after Christmas I myself posted a deal here for a ten …Ironically, just after Christmas I myself posted a deal here for a ten device version at £17.99.Damn.Edit: thanks for focussing on the question unlike everyone else thus far.

To be fare to the other posters they are trying to answer your question, with the money saving answers. The real question should be should I pay for such a service, the answer is no free versions of the likes of avira and avast are up there if not better than the Russian one, others will say don’t go for the likes of Norton as it’s slows down your laptop but that used to be the case some on here report it’s ok, similarly Mcaffee is supposed full of bloat where. My take is don’t pay for it, haven’t for a long time when I had trials of both the ones you mentioned. Avira does everything you need and is free. People that pay would say go for the Russian government/ hacker version:) over the other two but from the other two they are about the same.

good article.
techadvisor.co.uk/tes…52/
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Feb
I picked up Bitdefnder code fo 3 pc's cheap on Ebay
markvirgo1 h, 51 m ago

I picked up Bitdefnder code fo 3 pc's cheap on Ebay

How much?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions