Groups

Internet Settings

Is there anyway to find/change the password thats set for when you put in your ip address and all those settings come up?

Thanks

16 Comments

What router do you have?
    Mine's a Netgear DG834G. When you login to that, down the side there's a menu with an option called "Set Password".
    Post the model here and we can look up the exact instructions for yours.

To change the password on a router you need to be logged in first.
    If you've forgot your password then you have to do a hard reset. You can do this by locating a small reset button on the router and pushing it down with a pin - REMEMBER - if you do this then it resets the router completely and you have to set it up again.

On the bottom of your router you have the ip address such as: 192.2.198.123 etc, type that into the address bar and you will then access your router setup page,

Original Poster

sorry i should have put. we dont know the password. a guy went round to fix it, but didnt leave the password.

Original Poster

its a belkin

The passwords are usually set to default, so it could be;

Username: Admin
    Password: Password

deadduck_145;5229812

its a belkin

What model Belkin is it? and have you had it from new or is it a used one?

Original Poster

clondikemike;5229830

The passwords are usually set to default, so it could be;Username: … The passwords are usually set to default, so it could be;Username: AdminPassword: Password

they were changed from that. dont ask why, thats what my settings are!

Original Poster

clondikemike;5229862

What model Belkin is it? and have you had it from new or is it a used one?

will find out soon hopefully. no it was a new one, got the username its just the password we dont know.

The only way you are going to sort the password out it to call Belkins support number tbh, they will let you know it as i dont think there is another way if its the password, i have just looked for the number on the belkin website and when you click to find the number the page is down!!, but you should have the number in your original documents

Also, if its a 0870, 0845 etc number look here to see if they have a normal landline number so you dont get charged the 0870 rate (but if you are with BT i think 0870 numbers are free)

saynoto0870.com/

Original Poster

clondikemike;5229933

The only way you are going to sort the password out it to call Belkins … The only way you are going to sort the password out it to call Belkins support number tbh, they will let you know it as i dont think there is another way if its the password, i have just looked for the number on the belkin website and when you click to find the number the page is down!!, but you should have the number in your original documents

right ok- will the number i need be on the belkin website?
    Thanks for your help

deadduck_145;5229954

right ok- will the number i need be on the belkin website?Thanks for your … right ok- will the number i need be on the belkin website?Thanks for your help

I got as far as clicking through to get the number and the page wouldnt load,you may have more luck, go to

belkin.com/uk/

Click on contact us at the top of the screen, then choose, find the best person to deal with your query, then "yes", then, I need installation assistance for my product, belkin product is "networking, the choose "call a belkin technical agent, and thats where the page doesnt work on my pc?? you may have better luck, if not go through the documents that came with your router,

deadduck_145;5229878

will find out soon hopefully. no it was a new one, got the username its … will find out soon hopefully. no it was a new one, got the username its just the password we dont know.

The best way to get the password is by asking the guy that fixed it for you.
    As the password is a custom one, I doubt Belkin are going to give you instructions on how to hack a router password.

I found this from ]here:

As listed in the Belkin User Manual: -“Use the reset option in instances w … As listed in the Belkin User Manual: -“Use the reset option in instances where you may have forgotten your custom password”Resetting the Router will restore the Router’s normal operation while maintaining theprogrammed settingsResetting the RouterPush and hold the Reset button for one second then release it.When the Power/Ready light becomes solid again, the reset is completeRestoring the router to Factory DefaultsPress and hold the Reset button for six seconds then release it.When the Power/Ready light becomes solid again, the factory default restore is complete.

EDIT: Some Belkin default passwords are just blank, so try entering a username and no password.

MrBrightside1987;5230243

The best way to get the password is by asking the guy that fixed it for … The best way to get the password is by asking the guy that fixed it for you.As the password is a custom one, I doubt Belkin are going to give you instructions on how to hack a router password.I found this from ]here:EDIT: Some Belkin default passwords are just blank, so try entering a username and no password.

Belkin will let you reset the password as they can see its your router from the ip address and the details that you have given them, its not hacking, its helping, had the same problem with my brothers Netgear, called them up, told them the problem and they reset his password for him,

clondikemike;5230426

Belkin will let you reset the password as they can see its your router … Belkin will let you reset the password as they can see its your router from the ip address and the details that you have given them, its not hacking, its helping, had the same problem with my brothers Netgear, called them up, told them the problem and they reset his password for him,

Fair enough, I didn't know that was possible. Thought it's more likely they'd give the same instructions as in their manual

MrBrightside1987;5230477

Fair enough, I didn't know that was possible. Thought it's more likely … Fair enough, I didn't know that was possible. Thought it's more likely they'd give the same instructions as in their manual

From the sounds of it the OP doesnt have the manual or any documentation to use, mind you doing it your way would be easier and cheaper than calling Belkin if it works, will have to wait and see if the op lets us know:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?13
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278964
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1534

See more discussions